need parts list and some info....(blower rebuild)

sc steve

Hi! A guy I work with knows a person who does alot of rebuild work on lots of varoius things including Superchargers. Well, he said that he would help me out because mine has a little bit of a rattle to it. I need to know what I should have replaced in it? I don't need to get everything do I? I believe there would be a thrust bearing and lip-seal that would need replaced... is there anything else that you would really need? I build boost fine and have no power loss (well, most of the time... but that is a different story) just a real annoying noise. Oh yeah, I will need some part numbers and where to get them and any advise you may have on it , thanks guys

-Steve

When does it make noise, at idle or when running under boost? If it's at idle then chances are the coupler is broken/cracked. You would have to make a new one, not to hard it's just a cylinder about 3/4"long with 6 holes in it, and a hole in the middle. When you remove the snout there is a pin drive that has 3 pins in it 120* apart. on the gear there are also 3 pins 120* apart. they both fit into the coupler and on later models (later in 90) there is a spring that is supposed to limit rattle that is normal in early blowers. I have an M112 from a Jag that has a broken spring and I can move the pulley about 10* back and forth before the rotors turn. I am replacing it with a solid coupling. Vernon has one (Jag M112) as well with the same problem. The snout is easily rebuilt and usually the only thing to go wrong on these blowers. Here is an article.

http://pub29.ezboard.com/fthunderbirdscenthusiastclubfrm13.showMessage?topicID=91.topic

PS. You will need Locktite 510 or 518 available at Grainger and other vendors, if you can't find it let me know. Any other Q's let us know.

THANKS! yeah, it is only at idle when it sounds bad. When I get on it I have no problems making boost or problems with the sound. I will take a look at it this weekend, thanks for the help man!:cool:

Back