Engine Swap Info

• Thread starter xThunderbirdSCx
  • Start date
X

xThunderbirdSCx

Ok, so ive decided to put in this super sweet 4g63 DSM motor with a T4 Turbo, NOS fogger system, and a stand alone fuel management system into my car but i have no clue where to start. :D

are you going to go all wheel drive then also? The hardest part will be the motor mounts. The 4G63 is alot narrower than the 3.8. Also are you using a 6 or 7 bolt block? Why not go with a 5.0L swap and turbo that. That 4G63 is going to be alot more work than a 5.0 swap. Also the 4G63 engine is only a 4 popper compaired to a v-8 turboed. I rebuilt and turboed my Dodge Avenger so I maybe able to help you out if you wanted to go the 4G63 way.

Last edited:
They make bellhousings to mate that motor to a Conquest tranny. that would at least make it rear wheel drive.

no offense but if you dont have any clue on how to start a project as complicated as that then you probably shouldent do it, or at least without help from people who know somthing about it. But i dont think its been done before so you would be the test mule. In my opinion its a waste. a turbo 4 banger that can barley make a 2500 lb car get moving and you wanna stuff it in a 4000 lb boat. grab a v8 :)

Back