View Full Version : Pair of 3/4" Raised tops - pics

tbird88
06-08-2005, 10:35 PM
http://www.texasthunderbirds.com/fab/tops/tops8558.jpg

finished with one...
http://www.texasthunderbirds.com/fab/tops/tops8708.jpg
http://www.texasthunderbirds.com/fab/tops/tops8718.jpg
http://www.texasthunderbirds.com/fab/tops/tops8728.jpg

Just a heads-up, almost done with these, hope to find time before the weekend to slick the welds down and finish them out. Bare aluminum, no paint.

As with all of my other tops, both of these are mitered so the upper IC pipe will align correctly. They don't have billet flanges like some of mine have had but they're not done in carb-spacer style either. These are built on the original flanges with 1/4" thick walls so it's somewhat hard to tell 'em from stock at first glance.

TIG welded inside and out, all welds pretty well sanded down. Nice huh? Again, this is just a post to let whoever know that these are fixin' to be available. No core required on these two particular tops.

Price: 200.00 each
(add a set of IC gaskets for 15.00 more)

shipping:
10.00 in the US
15.00 to Canada

PayPal add 5.00

thanks for lookin',

'bird

SuperCoupe007
06-09-2005, 03:35 AM
very nice... they loook very goood......
first in line for one.... can't wait to see pics of them when they are finished..... keep me posted...
Thanks..
:)

tbird88
06-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Pics now in original post.

'bird

speed95
06-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Do you make these often? I will be needing one in about a month along with some of your other parts.

tbird88
06-11-2005, 10:35 PM
SuperCoupe007: First one's yours, drop me an email through my sig.

Speed95: When ya get ready, drop me an email, thanks for lookin'.

'bird

tbird88
06-23-2005, 08:18 AM
hmm...no takers?

Sure hate to give 'em away on evilBay, never tried sellin' one there but I've seen some biddin' wars on some really ghetto lookin' tops so...

thanks,

'bird

TonezSC
06-23-2005, 10:43 AM
Did you finish smoothing them out yet? I would like to see the finished product b4 I say I'll take one, but I am interested in getting one.

[email protected] send pics if you have 'em

tbird88
06-23-2005, 10:54 AM
Did you finish smoothing them out yet?

I would like to see the finished product b4 I say I'll take one, but I am interested in getting one.

send pics if you have 'em

I
just
really
do
not
know
what
to
say...

'bird

TonezSC
06-23-2005, 01:15 PM
What exactly are you confused about? Are they done yet? Are the pics above pictures of them finished, or not? If not, do you have pics of them finished? I would like to get one.

tbird88
06-24-2005, 07:50 AM
What exactly are you confused about? Are they done yet? Are the pics above pictures of them finished, or not? If not, do you have pics of them finished? I would like to get one.hint...It says "finished" right above the pic. :p

'bird

ThunderCoupe94
06-24-2005, 11:54 AM
Wynn,

Ill be ready to purchase one in about 3 months... You'll prolly be sold out by that time tho..

Newbs on here, Wynn's work is top notch. I've been around here for 4 years now & I have seen nothing but great stuff come from Wynn. His parts are totally legit & perform as well or better then some of the higer priced units for us..

Wynn Ill email you when I am ready to move forward. Thanks for all your hard work for us SC guys who are tryin to get to the top on a budget.

BUMP...

Jay

SuperCoupe007
06-24-2005, 02:33 PM
tbird88:::::
I had kinda forgot to look on the "sales" forum :rolleyes: :D ... I was looking at the pics, and see that there are 3 pieces... I dunno much about the SC top, but is ths something i have to get assembled ???
Hey by the way, I couldn't send you a PM..
Thanks...

TonezSC
06-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Well I failed to see the part that said "finished". I just figured you weren't b/c they don't look finished. Anyway, I'll give you $175 for one since I'm going to have to do a lot of clean up on that to make it presentable. Let me know if you're interested.

[email protected]

J57ltr
06-24-2005, 05:20 PM
Gotta love tire kickers.

Callmewhitexr7
06-25-2005, 10:27 PM
TonezSC Well I failed to see the part that said "finished". I just figured you weren't b/c they don't look finished. Anyway, I'll give you $175 for one since I'm going to have to do a lot of clean up on that to make it presentable. Let me know if you're interested.

This isn't a you tell him a price and he sells it to u for that he said 200 not 175. Wynn does great work. Try to get it somewhere else for cheaper than 200 with the quality that one has. You wont find one. Also he said they were going to be bare aluminum. Just paint it if you want or polish it but im sure wynn's not coming down on his price. Theres alot of skill and time in this piece.

NICK

Tim Groth
06-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Wynn,

If 1 of these is still up for grabs consider it sold...just let me know where to send the money.

-Tim

tbird88
06-29-2005, 07:49 AM
Wynn,

Ill be ready to purchase one in about 3 months... You'll prolly be sold out by that time tho..

Newbs on here, Wynn's work is top notch. I've been around here for 4 years now & I have seen nothing but great stuff come from Wynn. His parts are totally legit & perform as well or better then some of the higer priced units for us..

Wynn Ill email you when I am ready to move forward. Thanks for all your hard work for us SC guys who are tryin to get to the top on a budget.

BUMP...

JayHey there buddy, sure appreciate the flowers, gonna hafta put you on the payroll LOL! You get ready or need anything in the meantime you just let me know!

'bird

tbird88
06-29-2005, 07:58 AM
tbird88:::::
I had kinda forgot to look on the "sales" forum :rolleyes: :D ... I was looking at the pics, and see that there are 3 pieces... I dunno much about the SC top, but is ths something i have to get assembled ???
Hey by the way, I couldn't send you a PM..
Thanks...Hey, don't feel like the Lone Ranger :p , don't know why but I haven't been gettin' email notices that anybody replied to the thread so haven't posted lately myself. On the PM's, I turned them off long ago because just keepin' up with emails around here can be a challenge.

Several reasons the top in the pic is in 3 pcs, one was to show that I could ship it disassembled if need be. That way, if somebody wanted to paint theirs before installation then it would be easier for them. I can easily put it together and ship it whole if needed, just let me know.

'bird

MrBlvd
06-29-2005, 08:05 AM
Wynn,
If the piece is still available, I will take it. I will give you a call today from work.
David

tbird88
06-29-2005, 08:16 AM
Gotta love tire kickers.Don't forget, SLOW TRUCKS NEED LOVE TOO!

Oh, did I tell ya Sam got a Pearl White '89 Maxima? And of course she's already mentionin' how she now has a V6 and how peppy it is and how comfortable the ride is and on & on & on...
I took some measurements the other day on the radiator support brackets, gonna do some billet versions and pimp her ride with 'em. She swears the car is a screamer so watch out, the MAXIPAD might be lookin' to do a tango with EL DUDDLO, says she'll give ya the back tires on a pro tree :eek:

'bird

tbird88
06-29-2005, 08:19 AM
Well I failed to see the part that said "finished". I just figured you weren't b/c they don't look finished. Anyway, I'll give you $175 for one since I'm going to have to do a lot of clean up on that to make it presentable. Let me know if you're interested.

[email protected] if we got off on the wrong foot but it's hard for me to type out posts, kinda made me feel like I wasted all that time writing the initial post. I type slower than J57ltr's GMC, and that's pretty slow so when you asked for pics it kinda screwed me up 'cause (insert sarcasm) I coulda swore I posted pics in the initial post. :D

Anyways...these tops are not your garden-variety top, I think you would be very happy with one should you ultimately place an order.

thanks again for lookin',

'bird

tbird88
06-29-2005, 08:32 AM
Wynn,

If 1 of these is still up for grabs consider it sold...just let me know where to send the money.

-TimI have 2 completed, gettin' to look like I better start on the other 6 or 7 that are layin' around at the shop huh? :) Between the headers for a customer and the lower intake for another and the custom slab that Koko has me doin' for a local funeral home (you wouldn't believe what kinda jobs come in the door :eek: ) it's a lil busy around the shop lately but I'm gonna get started on knockin' out a few more tops.

Email me through my sig below or call the shop and I'll be happy to give ya the details.

'bidr

tbird88
06-29-2005, 08:34 AM
Wynn,
If the piece is still available, I will take it. I will give you a call today from work.
DavidYep, got 2 of 'em sittin' at Koko's waitin' for adoption, be glad to fix you up with one!

'bird

tbird88
07-31-2005, 10:56 AM
Still have one left.

'bird

rickbtbird
07-31-2005, 12:38 PM
Wynn,
I hope your going to stock up on these because from what I can see so far they look great and look like what I've been after. I'm adding it to my list of mods. Have you ever thought about doing a spanner wrench too and offering it as a kit?

Hopefully I can do this mode and the double IC before winter sets in here.

BTW, you IC gasket set and exhaust manifold porting is top notch.

Guys, so far everything I've had Wynn do for me has been hi quality work. :)

DirtySouthBird
08-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Hey TB88 , are there any discounts if we send you a reg. one? How often do you make these? I really like em they are really good, great machining, I got to say this, but you my friend have talent.. Im going to be needin one soon since im getting my car out and it already has a ported s-model, 5% OD, and think this would work great w/double intercooler..

thanks,
Fred

sizemoremk
08-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Wynn,
I hope your going to stock up on these because from what I can see so far they look great and look like what I've been after. I'm adding it to my list of mods. Have you ever thought about doing a spanner wrench too and offering it as a kit?

Hopefully I can do this mode and the double IC before winter sets in here.

BTW, you IC gasket set and exhaust manifold porting is top notch.

Guys, so far everything I've had Wynn do for me has been hi quality work. :)

It seems like this is a well kept secret for some reason....

But you can get a set of spanner wrenches form harbor freight for about 15 bucks....

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=41243

joker12552
08-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Holy crap dude, that is awesome. Guess I will pick one up tomorrow if they have them in stock locally.

sizemoremk
08-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Holy crap dude, that is awesome. Guess I will pick one up tomorrow if they have them in stock locally.

I had to ax for em, they are normal stock here but I didn't easily spot em...

rickbtbird
08-01-2005, 06:56 PM
It seems like this is a well kept secret for some reason....

But you can get a set of spanner wrenches form harbor freight for about 15 bucks....

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=41243
I didn't know that. First time I heard of this site. Cool.

tbird88
08-17-2005, 08:13 AM
Hey TB88 , are there any discounts if we send you a reg. one? How often do you make these? I really like em they are really good, great machining, I got to say this, but you my friend have talent.. Im going to be needin one soon since im getting my car out and it already has a ported s-model, 5% OD, and think this would work great w/double intercooler..

thanks,
FredSure do appreciate the compliments but no machine work is involved, all done by hand.

I make 'em as time permits, got one ready that might get sold today as a matter of fact but there's 5 or 6 stock ones sittin' at the shop ready to be butchered. Let me know if you get in the mood for one.

Thanks again for the flowers!

'bird

DirtySouthBird
09-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Hey I was wondering if you had any time to make one for me? Letme know..
thansk,
freddy

tbird88
09-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Hey I was wondering if you had any time to make one for me? Letme know..
thansk,
freddySure can, emails are a lil backed up but be happy to oblige ya. 200 + 10 shipping to anywhere in the lower 48.
Just missed gettin' another out to its new owner yesterday, hectic as usual at the shop, it'll leave town on Tuesday. I'm hopin' to bring a few to the Shootout also.

Here's a pic of the latest one.
http://www.texasthunderbirds.com/fab/tops/dougc8028.jpg
http://www.texasthunderbirds.com/fab/tops/dougc8038.jpg
http://www.texasthunderbirds.com/fab/tops/dougc8048.jpg

'bird

tbird88
09-06-2005, 07:58 AM
Side question on these tops I make...Anyone know "the" paint to use on 'em that will match pretty close to the original powdercoat that's on everything else?

thanks,

'bird

J57ltr
09-06-2005, 10:36 AM
I think you should use pink with purple polkadots.

JEff

tbird88
09-07-2005, 08:34 AM
I think you should use pink with purple polkadots.

JEff
pink with purple polkadots...That figures...you and Vernon are used to seein' polkadots when y'all get to gougin' on that moonshine up there in Magnolia. Next thing ya know y'all are shootin' up in the trees tryin' to hit pink-with-purple-polkadot squirrels...

:p

'bird

ks1
09-11-2005, 01:57 PM
yes i would like to get a top from just two questions will it fit the stock intercooler tubes and how much shipped to 78660. :D :D

tbird88
09-11-2005, 09:07 PM
yes i would like to get a top from just two questions will it fit the stock intercooler tubes and how much shipped to 78660. :D :D
Yes, fits stock IC tubes. Total cost is 210 shipped to your door.

thanks,

'bird

ks1
09-12-2005, 02:13 AM
cool, Easiest way to pay ya money oder or pay pal your chiocce and the 210 is with out core right?Email me details to [email protected] thatnks every interset just in info
:D :D

tbird88
09-14-2005, 07:45 AM
cool, Easiest way to pay ya money oder or pay pal your chiocce and the 210 is with out core right?Email me details to [email protected] thatnks every interset just in info
:D :DThanks for the emails, I'm sure you'll like the top when you recieve it. One thing though, at this rate I won't have any to take with me to the Shootout, everything that I'm building as "extras" is gettin' snatched up! :)

'bird

DirtySouthBird
09-16-2005, 07:34 PM
When can could you build mine so I could send you the money? Im here in tx. the rgv...

thanks,
fred

ks1
09-26-2005, 10:37 AM
has anyone hread from wynn know if he lost everything or is he alright if anyone knows how to get in touch with him other than his email or house phone please check

J57ltr
09-26-2005, 10:55 AM
:D :D

Wynn is out of commission for a little while due to hurricane Rita. I will contact him tonight. We are making plans for his return, but it will be a while (up to a month) before he is able to return to his home. No one is allowed into Beumont.

Jeff

Tickler
10-05-2005, 06:01 PM
I wish to obtain a raised top as well.

DirtySouthBird
01-03-2006, 06:41 PM
hey tbird88 when do you think you might start on making them raised tops again? let us me or us know?
thanks.
fred

seawalkersee
01-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Are those tops higher then the other aftermarket tops? I can see they LOOK bigger, but is the ID differnt then the regular 3/4 top?

Chris

Flex
01-14-2006, 05:26 AM
Seawalker,
Much like the magnum powers top, Wynn's throat is larger. In theory this would not only allow more volume of air, but the straighter path shouldd increase velocity.

On to real the world. Has anyone tried to dyno one of these babies? Any postable results on real world hp/tq gains?

Wynn, does the top have clearance issues with the hood? Hope your up and running and look forward to hearing from you.

tbird88
01-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Not sure why I haven't got email notifications about this thread until today but as you youngsters say "no problem" :D
As far as clearance goes, never been a problem with the design on my tops. No dyno tests either, I just assume it beats the heck out've the stock choker!

Got plenty of stock tops to mod, finishing one out as time permits this weekend for a fellow member up in Indiana. I'll see about knockin' another one (or 2 or 3) out this coming week. I'll do my best to keep track of any email inquiries.

Sure appreciate the compliments!

'bird

Flex
01-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Wynn,
Appreciate the quick reply. I'm game. Let me know when you have a nice one ready for me bud.

Blown 91 Bird
01-14-2006, 06:49 PM
is the id of the intercooler piping inlet the same as the id of the pipe itself?

do you need a core for one?

CMac89
01-14-2006, 07:26 PM
is the id of the intercooler piping inlet the same as the id of the pipe itself?

do you need a core for one?
The tubing and the top's thickness is all about .250". The top's ID is the same as the IC tube's ID if that answers your question.

Blown 91 Bird
01-15-2006, 12:19 AM
The tubing and the top's thickness is all about .250". The top's ID is the same as the IC tube's ID if that answers your question.

that answered my question :)

Flex
02-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Any update on availability? Post a reply if you can bud.

TwoToneThunder
02-14-2006, 06:08 PM
also intrested in one

tbird88
02-28-2006, 09:06 AM
I have 3 cut apart and am choppin' up plate for the walls. Hope to finish at least one by the end of next week and get the others off the table asap, I need the room. If you'd really like one you can send $ and as soon as one is done it's yours.

Again, sure do appreciate y'alls interest. As it's been said before, after all the work these are not a money maker when the hours are totaled up, they're a labor of love.

;)

'bird

jc91sc
03-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Wynn,
I sent you an email about three weeks ago about some work and parts I'd like to get from you...did you receive it? Let me know. Thanks.

James E.
[email protected]