HELP ME PLZ header isntall

MySCRocket1203

help me help me i can get my lower ic tube out and there fore i cant get my old manifolds off or my new ones on i searched the forums but i coudlnt find a walk through it seems one of the bolt holes is stuck on the power steering pump am i just doing it wrong or do i need to remove the power steering pump. trying to get this tube out has twice made me think why didnt i just buy a honda hahaha then i rember oh yeah boost thanks guys what would i do wiht out you

i dont think headers are worth it till you do the heads but the lower tube should come out you may have to remove the stud from the bracket

rlong said:
i dont think headers are worth it till you do the heads but the lower tube should come out you may have to remove the stud from the bracket

yeah i got both studs out the tube spins a little and goes up and down but wont come out adn im doing a complete exhast 2.5" to xpipe with flowmaster 40's on it i just need this damn tube out

i guess you may have too take the intercooler out im sorry its been a while, i just took my heads off and left most of that junk in there

rlong said:
i guess you may have too take the intercooler out im sorry its been a while
the intercooler is out and in my garage leaking oil for some reason ive got the upper tube off and the laternator cuz i thouight that would help... doesnt btw. im gnna head to my uncles to get his power steering pulley puller

rlong said:
i left the power steering pully alone and just pulled the whole front assembly

I do the same thing, That whole accessory bracket assembly with PS pump, and alternator will come right off with liek 3-4 bolts, makes working on the car TONS easier!

Have some bungie cords handy to hold it to the side.

sizemoremk said:
I do the same thing, That whole accessory bracket assembly will come off with liek 3-4 bolts, makes working on the car TONS easier!
isnt there the bolt behind the pulley to consider thats the last one i cant get too so pulling the pulley was my last resort

I don't remeer exactly where they are, but I know the pulley don't have to come off...

To the best of my recollection, to the left of the PS pump, there is a bracket holding all that onto the waterpump. above that, the bracket is bolted to the head.

The entire bracket will come off with all the stuff mentioned above...

You don't even need to pull the whole PS bracket off. If you loosen the bolts until there are a few threads left you can usually pull the whole thing far enough forward to get the lower tube out.

Back