Raced a 98 camaro z28

jamesgangel

at the stoplight two lanes, we get the green.. this is where i lost.. he almost no tire spin and took right off.. me on the other hand lit them up about 50 feet down the road. by the time i got traction they were already gaining speed and it was over.. anyone have any suggestions on how to get traction on one of these Supercoupes.. I have a s-model ( 15 % ) 36lb injectors, SVT wide ratio tranny,2200 stall converter, flowmaster all the way back, and 3.73s, it has balls but has lots of rear tire spin.. will lowering the pressure really help that much?

and i gave props to the camaro z28, it had some balls.. :rolleyes:

Let me know guys,

james..

I have a set of mickey e/t They do pretty good with 10psi and air bags at 8 and 12 psi. I pull 1.86 and 1.90 60 foot times.....

I raced a 98 Camaro Z28 with my stock 1990 SC 5-speed at Cupar's 100' drags. I was racing Blizzak winter tires, already worn down, and I beat the Camaro by about a 1/2 car length.

good year performance street/highspeed tires, works wonders and they costv a pretty penny, great grip

Times

What kind of times does your car run. A 98 Z28 with a stick is going to be a quick car, you had better be running low 14's with sub 2 second 60's, as well as getting a good jump on him, or he will walk you.

Dave

in 98 gm switched to the ls1 motor 6 speed cars run 13.3s and i've seen autos run 13.7s at national trails. there is no way a stock super coupe could beat a stock z28.

Our stock 93 Z28 m6 would make you look like you were standing still. 98 LS1 would make you look like you were backing up Unless the guy unplugged 2 plug wires, or he threw 2 rods, or he was holding the brake all the way down the track. Just messing with ya but there must have been something wrong with his car. Know you competitor.

Indeed

While I am no longer stock, I certainly fear no stock LT1. They were quick, that is for sure, but nothing really special. LS1's got to give them respect, they are fast, but in my neck of the woods, I will beat most stock LS1's in the 1/4.

Dave

Thats awsome dave but I think he raced a stock v6 with z28 badges or something. This 93 was speed density controlled and is some kind of freak. He keeps up with his buddy who has a 99 auto z28. Its still rated at 270 hp but when I drive it it hauls buns. I still like the Sc`s for handling and comfort.
This weekend come the teardown of the Z for the LT4 conversion. You need to bring you car down to sea level and watch it cook.

98 did have the LS1 motor, it was the first year for it. My 2002 convertible 6 speed did 13.420 at 107 with exhaust and intake and not revving quite to redline even. Oh and that was my first time at the track, 3rd run ever in my life.

Back