90 sc dies at random

jmlewis88

I've got a 90 sc that died two days ago and would start back up after 5-60 minutes and run for 5-30 minutes before dying again. When it dies it shutters down like it is out of gas. Sometimes when I tried to restart it, it acted like it did not want to run unless I lightly fluttered the gas pedal. If I put it to the floor it died. Sometimes it would fire up and run fine for a few minutes. The guy I bought the car off of said it died on him twice in the 2 years he owned it. Both times it was hot outside (around 90 degrees). He waited and it started up and ran fine for a year. The radiator fan does not turn on unless the a/c is on or it is upper limit of the temp gauge. The temp is in the normal range. The car has not died again since all the problems Tuesday night. Any guesses?

maybe the DIS module craps out when the engine gets to be a certain temp, and when it's real hot outside. this has happened with one of my previous sc's before.

hytorksc said:
maybe the DIS module craps out when the engine gets to be a certain temp, and when it's real hot outside. this has happened with one of my previous sc's before.

What is a DIS and how do I check it?

Back