Guys, I think I'm gonna need some help on this one

mcate

All the posts on SCCoA about lean codes tell people to check for vacuum leaks. I've done everything except taking the intercooler out & redoing those joints. I'm just about out of ideas. All the lines seems to be on. I do hear a hiss or whistle when it's running, but I can't chase it down. I have to work at Sears Saturday, but I'll bring it down to Jenro's after I get off. Sure could use some of ya'lls input.

There are many vacuum hoses along the firewall,i would try to isolate the leak by either using clamps or zip ties to eliminate the leaks.You can also use brake cleaner spray from an aerosol can to help to find them,when you hear the car rev that where the leak is(with the car running of course). :)

92strokedbird said:
There are many vacuum hoses along the firewall,i would try to isolate the leak by either using clamps or zip ties to eliminate the leaks.You can also use brake cleaner spray from an aerosol can to help to find them,when you hear the car rev that where the leak is(with the car running of course). :)

I'll give that a try tomorrow, thanx. Carb cleaner should also work, right?

Back