Idle problems

Seuss

The car was running fine until the battery was disconnected to remove the alternator. The alternator tested as good, a new battery was installed, and now the car runs very rough and dies frequently when starting.

I understand the computer needs to relearn idle when it resets, so I am hoping this is the problem. The car has been driven about 20 miles and still not idling correctly, but seems to run fine once moving (sometimes will idle correctly when you stop, most of the time rough).

While driving, the check engine light came on, giving codes 41, 66, and 91. Should I just keep driving and hope it resets, or do I have other problems to deal with?

I'll be watching this one carefully. My 92SC is doing exactly the same thing, but it's not throwing any codes. Definately an intermittent problem.Hope someone jumps in with an answer!

Mack
92SC
214,000 miles

Well, my idle problem is fixed. It seems the rough idle from the computer reset caused a nut to loosen just enough to cause a vaccuum leak. Tightened it and everything is smooth once again.

Back