anyone try the Aod a+ overdrive superservo

beeturbo

just wondering if anyone has any feed back on the superservo available for the aod . i understand that inthe super coupes we have an "a" overdrive servo which delivers the firmer 3-4 shift but most other aod's have b and c
servos.. well fairbanks/superior over a super servo called the A+ servo which is suppose to offer the most band holding force in od and the firmoest positive shifts including firmmer 3-4.. also wanted to know performance wise in a 90 super coupe whould would perform better a lock up 2000 stall or 2400 converter ? im not gonna chnge the cam but thinking bout going with higher ratio roller rockers once i can find out what ratio rockers the sc3.8 comes with for sure??

I don't recommend aftermarket servo's The A servo is about as good as it gets. As far as stall goes it really depends on what you are getting. What one company sells as 2000 another sells at 2400. Stall numbers mean nothing unless you are familiar with that particular builders configurations and how they build converters. If the only difference between their 2000 and 2400 converter is that they butchered the stator get the 2000 because the butchered stator will increase heat output and decrease torque multiplication. I don't like the direct drive system used in these aod's. It seems like a really good idea it just didn't pan out for any kind of performance vehicle.
Alan

Back