PDA

View Full Version : AOD Slipping

auminer
06-09-2005, 11:44 PM
Coming over the grade tonight my tranny started slipping in D and D2. Barely made it over the hill. As long as I'm on flat ground and don't give it much throttle it seems to hold the gears. Is my AOD DOA?

Thanks,
Stan

dirtybird x
06-09-2005, 11:58 PM
probab-frickin-ly, sorry man that sux :mad:

Tom Mack
06-10-2005, 01:43 AM
You could get lucky but the odds are against it. Look to see if your trans mission cable is still connected to your throttle body. On my car the plastic bushing that holds the cable to the throttle lever broke & the trans began to slip. After getting an outrageous rebuild estimate, I took a look under the hood & saw the problem . It was a $2 fix.

rzibilske77
06-10-2005, 01:50 AM
mine does it when its hot only?

Sweet90SC
06-10-2005, 02:18 AM
Have you checked your fluid levels????

auminer
06-10-2005, 02:33 AM
The car was running a little warm, but it's been there before and never had a problem. Seems to always run around the M no matter if it's cool out or not.

Yep, checked the fluid level and it's fine with no burned smell to the fluid. Funny thing is it started after I checked the fluid :confused:

I'll check the cable in the morning. Got a price to have it rebuilt and couldn't believe it!

Thanks for your replies!

Stan

90XR7Cougar5spd
06-10-2005, 03:22 AM
The car was running a little warm, but it's been there before and never had a problem. Seems to always run around the M no matter if it's cool out or not.

Yep, checked the fluid level and it's fine with no burned smell to the fluid. Funny thing is it started after I checked the fluid :confused:

I'll check the cable in the morning. Got a price to have it rebuilt and couldn't believe it!

Thanks for your replies!

Stan

Tranny rebuilds arent cheap, the guy who did the one in my truck charged me 1100.00 to do mine and that was the cheapest, but he beefed it up a bit, put a shift kit in it and a few other things, but i will say it was worth it, shifts nice and solid, really nice when pulling a trailer.......... Got a decent warranty to, 12 month unlimited milage.........

auminer
06-10-2005, 10:00 AM
You could get lucky but the odds are against it. Look to see if your trans mission cable is still connected to your throttle body. On my car the plastic bushing that holds the cable to the throttle lever broke & the trans began to slip. After getting an outrageous rebuild estimate, I took a look under the hood & saw the problem . It was a $2 fix.

Damn if the bushing isn't broken and the cable was hanging off the throttle lever ;) Must have broken when I checked the fluid yesterday and I didn't notice it. Gonna take it for a test spin and see if the wire I have holding it on will work until I find the bushing. Could you let me know where I can find the bushing or do you have a part #? Looks like it should have a c-clip on it also.

Thanks,
Stan

Tom Mack
06-11-2005, 01:04 AM
The nylon bushing is available through your friendly local FORD dealer. He can look it up on his magic computer. My dealer happened to have one in stock. They must be used on other Fords also. They just snap into the TB lever, then the tang on the cable adjuster pushes into the bushing. It makes me happy to know that I saved someone some big bucks. Oh, there is no locking clip on this.