FINALLY! got exhaust...WHAT NEXT?!?!

LightEMup

I'm soooo happy with the exhaust system i just got for my SC....2.25 from the manifolds, 18" magnaflow duel in single 3" out then Y pipe back into 2.25.....2 highflow cats no mufflers....i love it, my car feels like it lost some down low power but i can definitly feel more pull up top, and it doesn't slow down at 4 grand and creep up to 5k cuz of all the back pressure.....what should i slap on next for a mod? i have an older blower in the garage....will that pully over drive my 94/95 model SC??

More goodies!!

Congrats on the new exhaust.
If you put an older model pulley it would be around 3% overdrive for about 2-3 lbs more boost (I believe from what I have read).
A nice raised blower top would help out.
Fast Freddie has 3/4's for around $130.
Also a larger MAF and TB. A 76mm C&L are around $140 from Thunderbolt Motorsports on eBay with free shipping. (see link below).
You could go as fas as a Magnum Powers plenum, ported blower. ported heads & intake, double intercooler (or front mount), IC fan... etc.
Now that you have a good exhaust, the next steps are to get more air in and more heat out.
Once I update my exhaust I will install my early model pulley and my FF 3/4 top.
And then.... who knows. :D
Have fun!
Bill

76mm C&L MAF on eBay

Last edited:
LightEMup said:
I'm soooo happy with the exhaust system i just got for my SC....2.25 from the manifolds, 18" magnaflow duel in single 3" out then Y pipe back into 2.25.....2 highflow cats no mufflers....i love it, my car feels like it lost some down low power but i can definitly feel more pull up top, and it doesn't slow down at 4 grand and creep up to 5k cuz of all the back pressure.....what should i slap on next for a mod? i have an older blower in the garage....will that pully over drive my 94/95 model SC??

I'm looking for a resonator that has two 2.25" in & one 3" out . I want to keep my ported manifolds & 2.50'' inlets are larger than I need. Would you give me a Magnaflow part# for what you said you installed? Also for the 2.25" cats. Are they Magnaflow also? Is the resonator stainless or aluminized? Thanks in advance!

Tom Mack said:
I'm looking for a resonator that has two 2.25" in & one 3" out . I want to keep my ported manifolds & 2.50'' inlets are larger than I need. Would you give me a Magnaflow part# for what you said you installed? Also for the 2.25" cats. Are they Magnaflow also? Is the resonator stainless or aluminized? Thanks in advance!
haha i actually bought the whole system bent and put together, i got it off a guy who parted out his SC, and the exhaust system hadn't been on there very long. So i have no idea on part numbers....and the high flow cats are magnaflow

Tom Mack said:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopdisplaycategories.asp?zone=main&id=301

Here is a full listing of the aluminumized mufflers they make

Back