Specific lowering spring question. Any problems using this mixed setup? Should I buy?

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
A friend of mine with an LX 4.6 is doing a custom set up on his bird. He likes the 'raked' look of the old cars where the back is higher than the front. He currently has a set of H&R springs that were supposed to lower the car 1.5" in the rear and 1.75" in the front. He wants to increase the 'raked' look by purchasing a set of Intrack springs rated for a 2" drop (2" front and 1 5/8" rear drop) and only use the fronts. So, to sum it all up, he wants the 2" drop in the front with Intrack springs and a 1.5" drop in the rear with H&R springs. So, he will have a left over set of springs in which the front are H&R springs for 1.75" drop and a rear Intrack set for 1 5/8" aka 1.625" drop (which would also give a slight 'rake' effect too).

Now, my questions are:
1-would the differences in the ride height of these springs affect anything or cause any problems? I remember reading something in terms of how the difference in height COULD throw off the ABS computer (I might be completely wrong about this).

2- after all these are 4.6 v8 springs, are they compatible with sc's? Im not sure of the weight differences between the v8 vs the sc engines.

3- should I buy?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. He would sell me the left over springs for relatively cheap, but i wanted to check with you guys to make sure they would work on my car with no problems. ......oh, and by the way, If they do work i havent considered in which car they would go. Either the 89 or the 94 sc, so thats something to consider. Thanx!

Its my opinion that SC springs are stiffer than the lx ones, if you want a lift on the back, use a spacer or something, stock lx springs are hagard. Extra height on the back would probly only cause havoc with your gas gauge, and pedal as you slid out of your seat. . If it were me, I would just buy some air bags.

Last edited:
wtf, cut the front coils, start with maybe 1/2 a coil or just under, from the lower perch if i remember and take it for a spin, remember to measure it before and after the "trip", driving the vehicle settles the suspension

Back