cam help

Brianas

I have not been able to get any info from comp cams
still-- Ive called several times and got no response except from some bone head that told me I need to run this .579 lift cam they have(no thanks)---I was emailing back in forth with a matt maxwell
a couple months ago---but he must be very busy or not there any more
so maybe some of you guys can help me with selecting a brand new cam

I was looking for some just a little juicier than stock nothing wild
http://www.powerandperformancenews....e=44-702-9&Category_Code=44-CAM&Store_Code=CC
I was looking at this one from there web

any one know the specs on this one?
I want to purchase the new cam\lifters\valve springs
some one help me get a list of the right parts I would much appreciate
thanks
Josh

Just what are you looking for? You say a lil more aggressive than stock, but stock is something like .400-.450 lift right ? Ever given thought to using an 89 model cam, was the most aggressivenest of all years. If you want something more wilder, then do a search for cams. I myself have posted and replied in a couple of cam threads anyway, and I know there are grind numbers/ part numbers out there as well.

A few guys are sourcing cams around here and can make recommendations for you. I'd check with "XR7 Dave" personally, but search the parts for sale forum. You can get your cam reground, or go with a new grind as there are blanks available now.

thanks for replys

I have regrind now with issues and what to go brandy new cam with cam card etc...

I want something around .500 lift
comp has 5 cams listed for the sc but they dont list the specs

any one know those specs?

thanks
Josh

Brian, for driveability and throttle response a mild cam is going to be the way to go. Unfortunately the cams that Comp lists are NA cams which are less than ideal for us. I can order a Comp Cam for you with a custom profile or else I can get you another brand for less money. Either way the specs are the same or very similar. In both cases they will be brand new. Email me for specifics.

thanks for the replys mike and dave
I sent you an email xr7dave

FYI-
got a hold of comp cams this is what they told me for specs

701-9
204\216 .480\.480

702-9
210\218 .500\.500

703-9
210\226 .500\.500

thanks
Josh Brianas