Quick throttle body mod question

speed95

I was wondering if anybody knows how to make the butterfly open more. I saw next to the throttle linkage there is a little piece of metal that stops the throttle from going further. If I remove this metal will there be any benefits to doing this? Thanks for the help -Chris

speed95 said:
I was wondering if anybody knows how to make the butterfly open more. I saw next to the throttle linkage there is a little piece of metal that stops the throttle from going further. If I remove this metal will there be any benefits to doing this? Thanks for the help -Chris

Chris,

It should already open far enough that the throttle plate is horizontal at wide open. Going any further will overstroke it and will restrict the air.

The TB isn't the real problem anyway, it's the inlet plenum that it attaches to.

David

David,

Thanks for the info. I wasnt sure as I had heard that you can modify something on the TB and had no clue as what to do. My throttle plate does not lay down horizontal when I move the linkage. It only goes about 1/4 of the way. Maybe this is why my track times are crapy. Any help on how to fix this? Thanks,Chris

speed95 said:
David,

Thanks for the info. I wasnt sure as I had heard that you can modify something on the TB and had no clue as what to do. My throttle plate does not lay down horizontal when I move the linkage. It only goes about 1/4 of the way. Maybe this is why my track times are crapy. Any help on how to fix this? Thanks,Chris
Can you post pics of your linkage around the TB area? Sounds like sumthin' is binding or blocking, possibly the cable just to the rear of the pivot ball is bein' held back by that plastic tube.

That, or your loud pedal could be bent.

'bird

Back