Ported heads on ebay

blue94sc

I am not sure where to post this.
This is a technical question concerning a pair of heads that are currentl on ebay.
The seller is stating that they are SC heads with stage 2 porting.
They look like NA heads to me.
Can anyone LMK.
I was planning on bidding on them but I noticed the cooling ports not looking right.
Bill
Ported Heads on ebay. SC or NA?

Those are NOT SC heads. Nor are they the late model NA heads that I would consider acceptable for use on an SC. They are normal NA heads.

Sent the bidder a request for pictures of the ends of the heads where SC should be stamped. I'm guessing they are not SC heads as if they were, it would have been obvious to the seller that he should post such pictures.

It's irrelevant anyway. The cooling passages on those heads tell the whole story. Any heads that you would use on an SC would have about 1/2 as many passages.

Just as I thought

I knew they didn't look right to me.
Hopefully the current bidder "blak89sc" is aware of this.

Here is his excuse..uh hum... response.

Dear mikehathome,

You asked:
"do you have a picture showing the ends of the heads where the SC is stamped into them to validate they are SC heads? They don't look like any SC heads I've ever seen. Thanks"

These heads do have the SC stamp on them. I will take a picture of it and post it on Ebay, also i will update the pics. The pics are of a N/A 3.8. I listed this from a computer provided by the hotel when I was on vacation, so i didn't have the resources to take a pic of the real heads (I just reused a listing of mine that went last week). I am back now and I'll get these pics updated. Thanks for your interest.

I have a freind using the N/A heads on his SC without a hitch..I believe the valve stems are thinner and thier may be less meat at the deck area..Otherwise from what I remeber they flow the same. Perhaps Dave will shed some light on that

They were/are SC heads

I purchased these and they are SC heads. SC is marked on both. I can see where the port work was done but I am not sure what quality the work is at this point. I got them for 237.50 plus shipping. I will have them checked out and touched up if necessary before using them.

Back