car likes to die

pbdevastator

its hesitates to start. its turning over but alot of the time it wont start. like one out of 3 tries it wil start. since putting in the chip xr7dave made it idles alot better and when you rev it it doesn't die. but it still just randomly kills. it will usually run for a few minutes before it dies. the battery voltage seems fine, and the fuel pressure seems fine. any suggestions of what may cause this? one of the things not mentioned in member page is i did get new o2 sensors to change out when doing the headers. i have no idea if that would have anything to do with it either.

well it was working before the project began, and we never messed with the cam or sensor that we know of. im really leaning towards the fuel system, or maybe not getting enough air in thru the intake system dirty filter or box too restrictive around cone filter.

well i think i can elminate the air getting thru the intake problem. car started right up, seems like after revving it has a hard time getting back to a good idle.
i was beginning to think it always dies after a rev, but this time it died from a steady idle. i just dont understand why.

Sounds a lot like a vacuum leak. Check thoroughly for possible leaks.

Are we going to dyno tune your car at the Midwest Bash?

ill check for vacuum leaks. when is that event? it would all depend on if i can get the car to run for more then 3 minutes. :) i noticed on idle the vac reading is 18, is that normal? any other possibilities that may cause this problem besides a vac leak or cam sensor?

i would love non other then to have the car dyno tuned, but there is no way ill have the car where it starts every time and not dying all the time. i tried to listen for a vacuum leak today, but again it wouldn't start. :( i have one of those really bad feelings its something thats going to be expensive or something where we are going to have to take the whole car apart again.

Back