Just installed 42# injectors...

Micahdogg

I just switched out my 36# injectors / C&L 73mm MAF for 42# injectors / C&L 76mm MAF. My chip started acting up so I'm currently running with no tune, however I'm fairly confident that my previous combo with no tune was good for 13.5:1 a/f ratio at 5000 rpm. Thus my interest in upgrading injectors.

I still have no tune and was a little leary about how well the car would run, but so far it seems to do pretty well. I was expecting to see a decline in performance as I should have richened the a/f ratio, but honestly the car feels just as strong if not better. Could it be possible that I'm making more power with these injectors than I was with my 36's?

Micah

Micahdogg said:
I just switched out my 36# injectors / C&L 73mm MAF for 42# injectors / C&L 76mm MAF. My chip started acting up so I'm currently running with no tune, however I'm fairly confident that my previous combo with no tune was good for 13.5:1 a/f ratio at 5000 rpm. Thus my interest in upgrading injectors.

I still have no tune and was a little leary about how well the car would run, but so far it seems to do pretty well. I was expecting to see a decline in performance as I should have richened the a/f ratio, but honestly the car feels just as strong if not better. Could it be possible that I'm making more power with these injectors than I was with my 36's?

Micah

Yes it's very possible. When I switched from stock 30s to 38s with a 73mm C&L, 190 lph pump and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, my car felt much stronger (top end especially) and got about 1/2 second quicker on the track.

David

Sweet. Start up, partial driving, and WOT are all fine. A couple time I goosed the throttle at really low rpm (in a high gear) and the car kinda cut out. But that could have been unrelated.

MIcah

I had to install #42 injector, after I install a MPII Blower and plenum.
I was running lean on top end ,so I had to do the swap.

They made my car run better,but my gas milage drop about
3.5 miles per gal. I jumped from #30 to #42s.

Randy

Last edited:
Back