pulley probs

MySCRocket1203

this is gonna sound stupid but how do i remove the idler pulley not the tensioner it self just the pulley i bought a replace,ment and i can get the darn thing off is there anything special i need to do turn it a certain way say any magic words

MySCRocket1203 said:
this is gonna sound stupid but how do i remove the idler pulley not the tensioner it self just the pulley i bought a replace,ment and i can get the darn thing off is there anything special i need to do turn it a certain way say any magic words
use a breaker bar or something with good leverage with a 18mm socket. turn the pulley wheel bolt counter clockwise as hard as it will go. you may have to max out the tensioner depending on which way the tension goes but the bolt should come loose. do the same to tighten the new one.

sizemoremk said:
Use 6pt sockets, a 12pt may strip the bolt head....

thanks for all the help guys i got my new pulley on it doesnt seem to cover the full width of hte belt but not by too uch ill see what happenes another question has anyone had any trouble removing the screws on the tps i cant get mine off to save mt life im starting to strip the the philips star and im not getting any movement

MySCRocket1203 said:
thanks for all the help guys i got my new pulley on it doesnt seem to cover the full width of hte belt but not by too uch ill see what happenes another question has anyone had any trouble removing the screws on the tps i cant get mine off to save mt life im starting to strip the the philips star and im not getting any movement
Craftsman screw-outs if you strip it work great. What pulley did you install? they should all be lined up with the belt.

MySCRocket1203 said:

If you are talking about torx bits, they can be had in a kit at autozone, which has provided every torx bit I've ever needed for my SC...

The one I got from them is in a blue case... Seems like it was about 15 bucks, but it had every torx bit I've ever needed.

Good luck!

NMxr7SC said:
Craftsman screw-outs if you strip it work great. What pulley did you install? they should all be lined up with the belt.

i bought a dayco acc p[ulley for my jackshaft to sc belt cuz i have an over drive pully and its supposed to cut down belt slippage

Back