car shuts off!?!

93thunderbird

first started the other day went 2 work and it was fine... 4hrs later when i went to lunch i pulled onto a main road n it bucked then shut off.... wouldnt restart (if it did it would stall,if i held the gas 2 force it 2 run it was kinda like a miss) i pulled into the parking lot waited and then it restarted and everything was fine.... now a week later im on the parkway, 2day and i was doing 80 and was starting to get on it and it shut off again i pulled over waited 2 mins and it started right up no problems and its fine even now?? what do you think (cam sensor, dis, or coil pack?)

93thunderbird said:
first started the other day went 2 work and it was fine... 4hrs later when i went to lunch i pulled onto a main road n it bucked then shut off.... wouldnt restart (if it did it would stall,if i held the gas 2 force it 2 run it was kinda like a miss) i pulled into the parking lot waited and then it restarted and everything was fine.... now a week later im on the parkway, 2day and i was doing 80 and was starting to get on it and it shut off again i pulled over waited 2 mins and it started right up no problems and its fine even now?? what do you think (cam sensor, dis, or coil pack?)

From my experience, it is more than likely the CPS... I think it is cheaper fix than the coil pack, which I have a spare if you want me to send it to you, but I would put my money on the Crank Position Sensor first....
Good luck!

93thunderbird said:

Just typed a whole thing and accidently wiped it out!!! Just call me and I'll help you diagnois the car.

Don

(973) 277-4294

NJTACC.COM

put a new cam sensor in...

i put a new cam sensor in hope that does the trick (crossing my fingers) wont know untill it shuts off again was undesised between dis or cam and i went with cam so we will see thx for the in put.

nope.....

ok sorry guys but it wasnt the cam sensor the car shut off on me 2 times last night... right before it shuts off the tack bounces up and down (not changing the idle, runs smooth) but i look down and the tack goes up and down atleast 3-4 times so i know its about to shut off whats do you think dis mod? or what?

oops sorry...

i should read before i just jump the gun well... i changed the coil pack, dis module, and the cam sensor(i have a new crank sensor just havnt put it in) and it didnt run untill i put the new coil pack and the dis mod. on today untill i went to work on the way home it stalled again... so im ganna try the crank sensor and ill let you know thx

Back