PDA

View Full Version : manual drivers seat?

sclovehater
06-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Ok I swapped the passenger's seat track for a manual--pretty easy to find the track from a local junkyard. Will I be able to find one for the drivers seat also? Maybe out of a Cougar? I noticed pretty much all T-Birds have a power drivers seat...

1990 SC automatic

AsScLoWn
06-15-2005, 07:14 PM
no, only fleet vehicles etc had them, 1 in a million from a wrecker, if you really want a cheap one get one out of Taurus or something, 92ish?, they're easier to find but you have to redrill for the seat bottom and relocate the buckle, not fun :rolleyes:

racecougar
06-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Actually, some of the early base model MN12's had them, as did quite a few of the 97 MN12's. I'm running manual seat tracks on both sides of my 94 LX and my 90 XR7.

-Rod

MySCRocket1203
06-15-2005, 09:58 PM
other then the like 5 or 6 pounds you will save why wouldnt you want a seat that can wrap around you support your back move on two axis on the push of a button id think upgrade from manual but down grade if you want to drop the wieght thatbad just get some racing seats they weigh less (cost more) and look better btw if you really want to drop wieght ive got a set of milk crates in my garage $15 for the set of 5 (well there is a back seat) paypal is cool pm for details

racecougar
06-16-2005, 12:20 AM
In a SC, with SC seats, I'd stick with the power seat tracks. However, with LX style seats (no bolsters), I actually prefer the manual track. The power tracks wear out and move slowly, and I have no reason to raise my seat.

It's all about owner preference.

-Rod

AsScLoWn
06-16-2005, 01:49 AM
I havent found any yet, you must live in freakville :D , you save quite a bit of weight plus they sit lower, well on other Fords they did :confused:

XR7 Dave
06-16-2005, 01:51 AM
other then the like 5 or 6 pounds you will save why wouldnt you want a seat that can wrap around you support your back move on two axis on the push of a button id think upgrade from manual but down grade if you want to drop the wieght thatbad just get some racing seats they weigh less (cost more) and look better btw if you really want to drop wieght ive got a set of milk crates in my garage $15 for the set of 5 (well there is a back seat) paypal is cool pm for details

My power seats have never worked well even from new. The gears stripped and after lubing the tracks about 18 times they finally stuck and won't move. Horrible junk and they weigh a ton. I have no use for the power seat option. Having manual tracks does not affect the air lumbar or side bolster functions so I still get the comfy seats. :)

MySCRocket1203
06-16-2005, 03:03 AM
i was just messin i love my power seats on my 1990 sc and my 1996 lx i will say the lx has softer seats and more cushion for the butt area but im short so i have to raise my seat so as you said yes owner prefrence ahah

Rpdboss
07-21-2009, 12:39 AM
I just bought a green 96 lx 3.6 that has dual manual seat tracks. going to swap my sc stuff into it slowly along with vin plates:rolleyes:. I hear these manual seat are hard to come by