Brake Ouestion

Raptor

Loosing brake fluid, no visable leaks, near new calipers and pads (Cobra 13" up-grade in front). Everything has been fine, brake light came on today and fluid was low in master. Filled master, light went ouy but- now the pedal will drop slowly under moderate pressure with engine runing. Will not drop with engine off. Is it the master or the booster? or somthing else. Any thoughts would be appreciated. '95 LX w/ABS.

Thank's,

Bill

Last edited:
I had wierd problem last year with the break similar to your except the no fluid on the right side of the front, ended up being the hose from the reservoir to the master, it is located under the reservoir I think , it ended fraying then leaking down the break lines to left side. if you can get the front end up in the air, remove the tire and get a friend to pump the break the leak where ever it is will show up pretty quickly.

Brakes

Raptor said:
Loosing brake fluid, no visable leaks, near new calipers and pads (Cobra 13" up-grade in front). Everything has been fine, brake light came on today and fluid was low in master. Filled master, light went ouy but- now the pedal will drop slowly under moderate pressure with engine runing. Will not drop with engine off. Is it the master or the booster? or somthing else. Any thoughts would be appreciated. '95 LX w/ABS.

Thank's,

Bill

I found the problem. It was a leaking rear caliper ( a recent re-man by the way! )

Bill

Back