Proverbial Power Steering Leak Strikes!

NY90RedSC

Well, the proverbial power steering leak has struck my 90 SC. :rolleyes: The fluid seems to be coming from the center of the car toward the front so I am suspecting the rack is gone. It poured rain wicked here yesterday so I wasn't able to get a good look at it, but I will be poking around under the car today to see exactly where it's coming from. The steering is also growling now so I'm planning on a rack or pump, but, I am also going to inspect the mounts to make sure they are ok and it's not a line that has been crushed or chaffed through.
I figure if I'm going to have the rack out and all the associated parts I might as well go ahead and do the mounts anyways just to be on the safe side as well s all the p/s hoses and lines. Unfortunately money is tight right now so I don't know how long the car will be off the road, but I'd rather do everything and do it right to avoid headaches down the road.
I'l keep y'all posted. :cool:

Sweet90SC said:
could just be the high pressure line...that went out on mine... ;)

I really hope it's something simple like that! How much of a pain is it to change the high pressure line?

it sounds like your engine mounts went and the oil pan rubbed against the low pressure hose. The low pressure hose has the foam around. To tell if that is leaking, you will have to remove the foam. I thought mine was coming from the high pressure high due to power steering leaking on the center of the rack.
Good Luck
Ken

Back