idle issues...

rzibilske77

need help to get idle down.....in gear vaccum is at about 12 not near the 18-20 normal, and i can let off brake and it will go withouit me pressing the gas...more than just a crawl...sometimes it idles at around 6-800, and then it will be at 1000-1100 other times....this is my 95 bone stock
any ideas, over all runs great. Also i went to check the sc oil fill plug and as i unscrewed it it literally blew off...where did this pressure come from?..the motor was warm still but had been off for a couple hours though, and i have opened this plug b4 on others and have never had one with any pressure at that.
Is there something wrong?

Last edited:
IAC or vacuum leak

You may have a vacuum leak or a malfunctioning IAC valve.
There are a bunch of threads on the IAc and how to test it.
I believe that if you disconnect it while the engine is running it should stall.
If it doesn't it may be bad.
Good luck.

Iac

Which one is the IAC?...i'm trying to test if it is bad....so like someone said if i unplug it while car is running should it stall?

Iac

Which one is the IAC?...i'm trying to test if it is bad....so like someone said if i unplug it while car is running should it stall?

Attachments

• polished tensioners.jpg
    polished tensioners.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 53
ok i unplugged IAC and car died...so its good.
So what is causing my car to take off by itself, it will go 20 mph without pushing the throttle, rpm's are normal at idle 6-800..iac good?
what next?

Did you check your TPS voltage, I think it should be around .85-.9V with the key on engine off. Maybe that's causing your idle issue.

pcv?

:confused:
rzibilske77 said:
need help to get idle down.....in gear vaccum is at about 12 not near the 18-20 normal, and i can let off brake and it will go withouit me pressing the gas...more than just a crawl...sometimes it idles at around 6-800, and then it will be at 1000-1100 other times....this is my 95 bone stock aod.
any ideas, over all runs great. Also i went to check the sc oil fill plug and as i unscrewed it it literally blew off...where did this pressure come from?..the motor was warm still but had been off for a couple hours though, and i have opened this plug b4 on others and have never had one with any pressure at that.
Is there something wrong?

on a side note..check out these numbers from my emissions test yesterday 6-16-05
i'm thinking there is something wrong with the positive crankcase ventilation. due to the oil cap blowing off. change the pcv's and confirm the hose installation is correct and tight. let us know how that works out.

no not the oil cap....that was the sc oil bolt, when i unscrewed it to check level, there was some serious pressure.

huckleberry said:
:confused:
i'm thinking there is something wrong with the positive crankcase ventilation. due to the oil cap blowing off. change the pcv's and confirm the hose installation is correct and tight. let us know how that works out.

hm-m-m!!?

rzibilske77 said:
no not the oil cap....that was the sc oil bolt, when i unscrewed it to check level, there was some serious pressure.
i have never worked on my supercharger yet but if there is pressure there it is doing it's job,by creating pressure. that condition maybe normal in the blower.(for proper oiling within the unit ) that being said i don't think that has anything to do with the idle anymore. have you tried the pcv's and hoses?sounds like a vacuum leak .

Back