PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics In Iowa

parkers_sc
06-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Guys,
Most of the time I do my service work myself, but when it comes to bigger, more important things I like to take my car to a ford dealership, or someone that knows what they're doing a little more than myself. I'm fed up with the Ford Dealership here in Holstein, Ia. I don't trust them with my baby anymore. Has anyone out there had good experiences with other mechanics? I'm willing to drive someplace to have the car worked on, but only if they take upmost care of it. It doesn't need work now, but looking towards the future(in case something pops up). Any feedback will be welcome. Thanks guys-
Aaron

forcfed93
06-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Guys,
Most of the time I do my service work myself, but when it comes to bigger, more important things I like to take my car to a ford dealership, or someone that knows what they're doing a little more than myself. I'm fed up with the Ford Dealership here in Holstein, Ia. I don't trust them with my baby anymore. Has anyone out there had good experiences with other mechanics? I'm willing to drive someplace to have the car worked on, but only if they take upmost care of it. It doesn't need work now, but looking towards the future(in case something pops up). Any feedback will be welcome. Thanks guys-
Aaron

Aaron,
I can honestly say I don't (and won't) take my SC to a shop to have it worked on. The only possible exception is for machine work or a Tranny rebuild.

If you are a Iowa Club member, you can always come to our Club Work Days in Cedar Rapids. My shop is fairly well equipped and between several of our members we can do most anything the SC could need.

Since we are all SC owners, we take every precaution to treat the car with every bit of respect it should get!

The other option is: The TCCOA Chapter prez lives in Ames. Thats a lot closer for you, and Thomas would be able to help you or point you in the right direction.

T-bird4vr
06-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Where do you live at?

forcfed93
06-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Julian:

.......... I'm fed up with the Ford Dealership here in Holstein, Ia. I don't trust them with my baby anymore. ..............

Northwestern Iowa :D

parkers_sc
06-18-2005, 02:40 AM
Aaron,
If you are a Iowa Club member, you can always come to our Club Work Days in Cedar Rapids. My shop is fairly well equipped and between several of our members we can do most anything the SC could need.

Since we are all SC owners, we take every precaution to treat the car with every bit of respect it should get!

Well....I live in Iowa, how do i become an ACTUAL Iowa Club Member? And when are the Club Work Days? I would love to come, even if my sc didnt' need work. I can always learn something new or just hang out with men(women) that have the same sc intrests that i do!

Birdman93
06-18-2005, 08:23 AM
Head to the SCCoIA website- www.sccoia.org -and fill out a membership application by clicking on the Join Us link and mailing it in along with your dues in the amount of $12

That's all there is to it. :D

forcfed93
06-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Well....I live in Iowa, how do i become an ACTUAL Iowa Club Member? And when are the Club Work Days? I would love to come, even if my sc didnt' need work. I can always learn something new or just hang out with men(women) that have the same sc intrests that i do!
As posted by Birdman, Stop by the club website the at: www.sccoia.org -print and fill out a membership application on the "Join Us" page and mailing it in along with your dues in the amount of $12. We'd love to have you!

Work days come along quite often. There is no set dates, it just whenever a few members need to get stuff done and they need some help doing the work.

They usually happen before a "club clash" or before a major SC event too.

I usually post it on our website on the top of home page about a week or so before it happens. NOTE: We rely very heavily on the website to communicate because we are all spread out over the state.

BirdofPrey97
06-30-2005, 10:58 AM
Take it to Ford Dealership in Glenwood, IA and ask for Pat to work on it. He's a bird man. Owns 94 LX and 90 SC 5psd. He will be more then happy to work on it for you and answer any questions you have.

Known him since for over 20 years and he is the only one I truck to work on my Bird. Present club memebers excluded of course.

The dealership use to be Hawkins Marsh, but has a different name now. Right off of exit 35 off of I-29 I believe with the Harley Davidson Shop. You can see it to the west from I-29.