Really need help! What is going on with this car?

94birdbrain

OK, I posted earlier, and am still in need of a harmonic balancer and 0 balanced pulley for a 94 SC. What I am not understanding is this.

The car is getting fuel, fuel pressure is between 40 and 43 psi, the only code I can pull is a continuous memory code for a secondary fuel circuit solenoid, but this should not be the problem, as it is just a continuous memory code, and never even illuminated the check engine light. It is getting spark to each cylinder, verified by pulling the plug from each cylinder and watching it spark while cranking. It has only ran once since Novermber of 04, and that will be explained later in this post. I have never seen an upshift light on my 94, and even so, I have already replaced the following parts.

Cam sensor, crank sensor, TPS, Coil Pack, plugs and wires twice, battery and fuel pump, Computer, basically everything I can think of except the DIS module, which I went to have tested, but AutoZone didn't have the right connector, I am going to try a couple more places tomorrow. And the Harmonic balancer which when It ran In November for about 10 minutes, did not wobble, the Main bolt was still there and everything seemed tight. Now for the weird thing.

In November, My Dad and I did some reading up on the site about the cam and crank sensor and other aspects of the DIS system, and deduced that the problem was the crank sensor, well, changed the crank sensor, still did not start, just cranks and cranks and cranks. Ok, that was the day before Thanksgiving the day after Thanksgiving, we replace the Cam sensor. We had pulled one plug out again, and forgot it was out put the new cam sensor on and tried to start it and it started right up, mind you the spark plug was out of one of the cyliders, and was only running on 5. OK, so we shut it off right away and put the plug back in try to start it again and it starts right back up just as it always did, let it run and warm up for about 8 or so minutes, and put it in reverse, back out of the driveway. put it in first, get through first push the clutch in and start to shift to second, then it dies, would not restart so we pushed it back into the driveway and that is where it has sat ever since. We are in the Middle of changing the harmonic balancer, if we are ever able to get one. The one that was on it didn't "appear" to have anything wrong with it, We are at wits end with this thing, I love the car and it fun to drive, just running out of options, and time. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and If anyone has a balancer please let me know. Thanks very much.

Stumped

Hello.
I read your older post before, and after reading this newer post I'm about as stumped as you.
Since you did get the car running after replacing the CAM sensor I would try another one.
There was a post where someone went through almost three of them until they got a "good" one.
The SC's are apparently finicky concerning sensors.
Another thing to try is to make sure that you are getting a good ground to the engine. A poor ground will cause intermittent electrical problems.
I have a 93-94 Ford technical service CD and can send you a copy of it if you like.
Hopefully the diagnostic routines can point you in the right direction.
LMK
Bill

I will check the grounds again, and make sure, as for the cam sensor I thought it would run without it, only after a few tries at starting it for the computer to guess the correct firing order. Thanks again

Back