PDA

View Full Version : Going to be ordering a Lentech Street Terminator Plus, anything I should know???

SC90_Pete
06-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Ok, my tranny is slipping and I know the overdrive band is going out so it's time to start thinking about a new tranny. I want something that shifts nice and hard and can lock out OD so the obvious answer is lentech's Street Terminator Plus. Since they have a special going on right now I figured I would order one this summer. I was wondering if there was anything else I need to take into consideration when ordering one of these trannys.

Would you recommend installing a trans cooler at the same time as the transmission?

Will my stock torque converter work fine with this high performance transmission?

Has anyone had any problems with these transmissions? If I'm going to be dropping 2100 dollars not including shipping I do not want the bastage breaking on me. Besides replacing the transmission is there anything else I should replace during this time to ensure proper operation?

Also, the reason my tranny is going out is because I decided to do some preventative maintenance in the form of flushing the tranny fluid out, changing the filter, and adding new fluid. Shortly after I noticed it was slipping when the car was cold. Needless to say it's a real kick in the balls when you try to do something nice for the car and then it spits in your face.

Thanks in advance -Pete

Dirtyd0g
06-19-2005, 04:36 PM
Would you recommend installing a trans cooler at the same time as the transmission?

Yes definately

Will my stock torque converter work fine with this high performance transmission?

No get a good converter.

Has anyone had any problems with these transmissions? If I'm going to be dropping 2100 dollars not including shipping I do not want the bastage breaking on me. Besides replacing the transmission is there anything else I should replace during this time to ensure proper operation?

As with any transmission sometimes problems happen I'm sure you will find guys who have problems with these,but that goes with any transmission.I prefer Lentech for aod's over all others. If you don't go lentech build the transmission yourself those are the only ways to get a good aod.
As always with these transmission you will need to see what lentech recommend as far as throttle pressure on the unit is concerned and make sure it is adjusted correctly. You can build an aod as strong as it can be and misadjusted TV pressure will fry it in no time flat.
Alan

SC90_Pete
06-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Can you recommend a good converter for my SC with the mods listed below? Keep in mind that this is my daily driver.

Dirtyd0g
06-19-2005, 05:44 PM
I could recommend a bunch of different converters depending on your wants and needs. PM me and I will get you contact information.
Alan