Clutch slave cylinder intermittent leak...

cap320

Hi, I am getting a '93 5-speed (144k miles) back on the road. Working some bugs out of her. The car has an intermittent leak from the clutch slave cylinder. Last winter you could only get 5 clutch applications before dry (it was in storage).... now it seems to work, however, it will sometimes loose fluid, I will refill, and it will behave for a while.... don't trust it. The clutch was previously replaced and I am told that the slave cylinder was replaced. Can the seals dry out from no use? Will they reseal after some use? Might there be an additive to help seal the cylinder.... I really don't want to drop that tranny.... Thanks

just replace the damn thing and get it over with. sorry about the language. i am so tired! just replace it dude. save ur *** some headaches and probably ur life.

Doesn't sound to me like the slave was ever replaced. My '93 was like that in very cold weather and eventually I had to drop the trans & replace the clutch(original clutch plate still had some meat on it after 195,000 original miles, but it was the slave that was bad). Shame that you'll have to pull the trans again though.

darkstar_one said:
just replace the damn thing and get it over with. sorry about the language. i am so tired! just replace it dude. save ur *** some headaches and probably ur life.

Back