Need Exhaust Downtubes

SK_BlownThunder

I am looking to remove cats and install downtubes on my currently stock SC. Probably a 2.25" diameter right off the stock manifolds. (Eventually I may port the manifolds or order some shorty headers.) How much more power will this get me, and will it decrease my MPG any? I also have to do something about the HEGO sensors. Once I take out the cats, check engine light may stay on. Finally, where can I find some downtubes, or should I make some myself. I think I may have posted something about this earlier, but cannot remember how far back in the forum.

Hint to all forum users: Keep a written note of when you last posted and where, it helps when you need to find a post from an earlier date. I noticed there are getting to be a lot more posts per day now, so new threads will hit the bottom of the list FAST.

Thanks in advance, hope to get some info.

PS: I posted earlier about my SC engine blowing up. It was just a scare. Turned out being I had the defrost on, it was using the A/C Compressor to dry the air before entering the car. Basically the compressor siezed and blowout valve engaged, giving it the whooshing sound. Engine stalled due to siezed compressor so that is why I thought the oil pressure dropped. It all happened so fast but all is good and I am now back to the minor problems I am still having, hope to get fixed soon (ignition probs).

Last edited:
geigerb said:
Hint to all forum users: Keep a written note of when you last posted and where, it helps when you need to find a post from an earlier date. I noticed there are getting to be a lot more posts per day now, so new threads will hit the bottom of the list FAST.

Click your user name in your post, and then 'Find all posts by xxx'.. It will give you a list of all your posts. Or use the search.

Click the down arrow, then advanced search. Type in your username for 'Find posts by' and if you want to narrow it down, choose a date range, or a certain forum that you posted in.

As for removing the cats, you can get MIL caps for the o2 sensors to keep the check engine light off, but it's wiser to just get some hi-flo cats to replace the stock pieces of junk.

Back