245 50 r16 Nitto drag radials???

sizemoremk

I have a chance to purchase a set of nitto drag radials for about $120, these are 245/50/16.

These would do OK on my SC wouldn't they?

Thanks!

They won't grip nearly as good as BFG drag radials or M/T ET streets, but they are certianly better than regular street tires.

David

Yes that size will work. The NT555Rs don't grip quite as good as the other drag radials but they do last longer than the other ones. For that price I say pick them up it's a pretty good deal.

I have seen a lot of cars around here running the NT555R's. Mustangs, Trans Am's, etc.. They seem to be capable of giving the ls1 guys 1.8 60 fts.

Cool guys!

Thanks!

So I would treat drag radials like street tires correct?

I don't smoke em in the waterbox, but I want to spin them a few revs to get the trash off, correct?

Thanks!

Drag radials

Drive around the water box with any tire that has tread otherwise you will end up with water in the tread of both front and rear tires. If you need water to get them spinning back up just enough to get on the wet pavement but not in the actual water box. You definately need to do a good burnout with a drag radial or it won't hook well, and just for the record my Mustang on 275/50/15 Nitto's will do low 1.60's in the 60' and run low 10's at over 130 so I don't think it will be a bad choice for all but the most serious of drag racing SC's.

Back