Transmission question... What the hell is this and where does it go?

CHIRPIN'INTO2nd

I have a 95 SC Automatic. I am changing the tranny fluid, filter and gasket. I have done it once before on another car I had but never on a Super Coupe. I just took off the pan and the filter and at the bottom of the pan was this little yellow thing with an O ring on it. Where the heck did it come from and how do I put it back. Guys please help! :confused:
I need it.

Thanks
Paul.

Attachments

• 44471147_142330236_0[1].jpg
    44471147_142330236_0[1].jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 61
CHIRPIN'INTO2nd said:
I have a 95 SC Automatic. I am changing the tranny fluid, filter and gasket. I have done it once before on another car I had but never on a Super Coupe. I just took off the pan and the filter and at the bottom of the pan was this little yellow thing with an O ring on it. Where the heck did it come from and how do I put it back. Guys please help! :confused:
I need it.

Thanks
Paul.

It's a factory installed plug that blocks the dipstick hole. When the factory installs the dipstick tube the plug falls into the pan and stays there until the first time the transmission fluid is changed.

David

Thank you soooooo much... I work in an office and don't get to work on my car too often. I took auto shop in high school back in the 80's but that's about it. I really thank all the club members for all the information. I got my answer to an alternator problem here too. Again, thank you.
Paul.
:)

CHIRPIN'INTO2nd said:
Thank you soooooo much... I work in an office and don't get to work on my car too often. I took auto shop in high school back in the 80's but that's about it. I really thank all the club members for all the information. I got my answer to an alternator problem here too. Again, thank you.
Paul.
:)

No problem....I asked the same thing when I first saw one in my pan.

David

Back