Summertime cooling and RPM's

SupercoupeQ

I'm not real new but I changed e-mail and forgot my old SN Sorry, no sig yet.. Let see if I'm ok. Here's the thing:

My 89' SC 5spd (no mods) sat for a year b/c the low speed fan didn't come on at all. I had hard wired the fan previous to parking it but that didn't work out too well. Fried the wires! :eek:

Today I got real interested and wanted to figure it out. I took the hard wiring apart, and started with the cheapest thing first. I scrubbed the M&F terminals clean of the green goo, plugged it in and fired her up. I didn't want to leave her running too long. It's super hot and her fluids are a stagnant year old. So I hit defrost and the low fan ran. I didn't think to shut defro off and check, I was so excited the fan actually ran.

When I hard wired it last summer, I'm pretty sure I jumped the fan motor to check low and high and low didn't work.

If it ran with the defro on is it ready to go or are there other things I should look for???

Also something possibly related I hope. When I hit the accelerator my RPM's went from 1K to below 0K backwards. Kinda wierd. I didn't search that yet but hoping someone has seen that before.

Thanks all!!!!

Back