will any ford aod do

paully93sc

I Have a 93 SC that only has first and second gears. I bought the car with blown head gaskets. I had the headgaskets done and now when driving I only have 1 and 2. so i was told i needed a new tranny. i just wanted to know can i take a junkyard tranny out of a Lincoln Mark VII or a Mustang with 5.0 or even a t-brid 90-93 with a H.O. 5.0. The tranny shop wants 950.00 to rebuild mine and a junkyard u-pull it yard only wants 50.00 for one. The only problem the is that it is impossible to find a SC in the junkyard

No, I've heard that you have to use SC trans. because it has stronger internals to withstand of the tq. that sc makes. I don't know if anyone has used a remanufactured trans. but that might be another option.

should work

a tranny from any 3.8 t-bird will bolt up but it won't last long under constant abuse the SC will put out. if you drive like most woman it will last for a while. but is not recomended. once you feel the torque, it is tough to drive like a woman!!! :D :(

huckleberry said:
a tranny from any 3.8 t-bird will bolt up but it won't last long under constant abuse the SC will put out. if you drive like most woman it will last for a while. but is not recomended. once you feel the torque, it is tough to drive like a woman!!! :D :(

Thank you for the advise i do a lot of highway driving so maybe ill go a little easy on the 4 to 2 downshifts when i passing some loser in a 5.0

thundermax said:
No, I've heard that you have to use SC trans. because it has stronger internals to withstand of the tq. that sc makes. I don't know if anyone has used a remanufactured trans. but that might be another option.

thanks you for the help so when i get the bucks ill have its rebuilt i just want to drive the car right now and get all the small details like;;; the abs light stays on
the sunroof only opens 1/2 way the keypad on the drivers door does not light up , or the key hole on the pass door, the pass seat lumbar does not work and the seat power seat does not move forward or reverse it goes up and down umm lots of small stuff then ill have the tranny rebuilt. thank you for the advice

any time

one thing about advice, it is free and you don't have to use it!! i am not shy to give my view on a situation. that's what this forum is all about.
"supercoupes anonimous"

My name is Huckleberry and i own a supercoupe :eek: :cool: :D :confused:

I really got to become a member , just as soon as i figure out how to use paypal!!!! :D :confused:

Last edited:
Back