oil pressure drop on acceleration!!

Slysc

:eek: :eek: :eek:
When I accelrate hard, my stock oil pressure guage drops. If I keep accelerating, it goes to zero and the check guage light comes on.

Normally, oil pressure goes up on accelration. The only two things I can think of would be:

1. My oil pickup is sucking to the bottom of the pan and shutting off the oil flow.

2. My stock gauge is a POS and there's something wrong with it.

Somebody please tell me that the stock guages/senders do that when they go bad and it's no big deal.

Please... somebody tell me that so I will be able to get some sleep tonight.

check the sending unit mine did this and it was the sending unit and a bad connecter at sending unit

Remove the wire and clean the sender and the wire. These only read on-off like a idiot lite.

Slysc said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:
When I accelrate hard, my stock oil pressure guage drops. If I keep accelerating, it goes to zero and the check guage light comes on.

Normally, oil pressure goes up on accelration. The only two things I can think of would be:

1. My oil pickup is sucking to the bottom of the pan and shutting off the oil flow.

2. My stock gauge is a POS and there's something wrong with it.

Somebody please tell me that the stock guages/senders do that when they go bad and it's no big deal.

Please... somebody tell me that so I will be able to get some sleep tonight.

Get a real gauge you knucklehead! :p

My new Autometer guage reads about 60 psi at cruising speed and climbs with acceleration. I just put the stock oil sender wire to ground so it would show oil pressure all the time and the "check guage" light wouldn't come on. :)

Back