Thinking of buying an Escalade <opinions?

Thomas95SC

My fiance wants us to get an Escalade. We took it for a test drive and I was really impressed. Anyone have any opinions on these? thanks for the info :).

Thomas

Try out a Pathfinder Armada, you might like it. It rides nicer and is much quicker than my future inlaws Denali.

For far less $ get an F-350 King Ranch crew cab with a diesel. I've been in both and the KR is pretty luxurious and it can actually off road, tow and haul. Plus diesels kick ***! :D

what year escalade. the older ones are just denali's really with caddi badging. the newer escalades may be just a tahoe but htey look way diff than a tahoe in my opinon. i'd say check out hte lincoln navigator/aviator while youre at it. good luck. and if you get the escalde you GOTS'ES TO GET THE BLANG BLANG 23's on there :D :cool: oh ya, and the 50 cent lambo doors ;)

Grims95SC said:
For far less $ get an F-350 King Ranch crew cab with a diesel. I've been in both and the KR is pretty luxurious and it can actually off road, tow and haul. Plus diesels kick ***! :D

Well, she doesnt like diesels :rolleyes:. The car is really for her. I'm drivin the SC when its done :D ;). As far as bling, dubs or whatever dont really do much for me. Really I think the Escalades are more of a "status" car than anything. Its going to be a 2005. i might wait until they try to liquidate the 2005 modles for the 2006's for a price drop.

sonicman1634 said:
Well, she doesnt like diesels :rolleyes:. The car is really for her. I'm drivin the SC when its done :D ;). As far as bling, dubs or whatever dont really do much for me. Really I think the Escalades are more of a "status" car than anything. Its going to be a 2005. i might wait until they try to liquidate the 2005 modles for the 2006's for a price drop.

i wouldn't buy anythign as a status symbol. to tell u the truth, escalades arne't erally a status symbol anymore, they're pretty common. parents seem to use them to replace their minivans these days. u want a status symbol, take a ride to the local bently dealership. that'll get your reconised ;) rims on escalades really clean up the look though, stock just sucks

Rims on Escalades are like fart cans on Ricers, very unoriginal. If you do want to go with a big luxury SUV then I'd say check out the Aviator or the VW Toureg. It basically has everything you'd want in the Navagator only its a reasonable size and doesn't cost as much. With the extra $ you save, you could do a 03 Cobra motor swap! And the Toureg is just plain ol awesome!

I valet cars at a nice resteraunt/bar. I have driven just about every suv made porsche cayenne s and turbo, lexus330 and 470,acura mdx, bmw 3.0 4.4 4.6, lincoln navigator, benz ml 320 500, infinity f35 f45 qx56, h2, vw touareg v8 and plenty of escalades, denali, tahoe/yukons. Out of all of those I think the escalade is the best overall no doubt or nice denali. Only two I would take before those would be the cayenne turbo and x5 4.6 and that's just because they're fast as hell and twice the price :eek:

Got lamborghini doors on the escalade
Low pros so low look like I'm ridin on blades :D -50cent

With the price you would pay for an escalade just pick up a yukon/tahoe fully loaded. Not only will you save 15 grand, but you can pick up an escalade grille for less than 1 grand. You could make it look like a caddy without the caddy price.

well, you asked for opinions on the escalade.. they are pretty nice rides, they are comfortable and pretty luxury.. if you are in the market for nice SUV it's either that or a hummer.. good choice

If i was looking for a huge Ute, i'd take an Escelade in a second. AWD, 240 HP (20 more than the Denali, and 40 more than the Navigator). They are a LOT quicker than the other huge utes. I might suggest checking them out now as anutil the first of July everyone can get the employee discount price on nearly every GM vehicle. check www.gmbuypower.com

i had to drive a Escalade from Atlanta for a friend when i got home i was pricing them that truck was so comfertable the only gripe i had the 2 girls that were driving it before put it in a ditch and screwed up the steering and the dealer was missing a part so the wheel was turned 90 degrees so it made it hard to see the gauges boy did me and the wife get the looks the whole way home 2 25 year olds riding on 23's yeah it was fun and a hellava lot better then the Altima we rented

that thing sucked gas though

Back