how much HP do i have?

ben04

i'll list mods, u guys tell me how much to the crank/rear wheel im probably gettin. here we go...

1989 Tbird SC 5spd
-SCP 5% aluminum light weight SCpulley
-SCP underdrive pulley set 3 piece
-flowmaster cat back system w/ flowmaster resonator
-removed Cats
-mac CAI
-new style MAF (off of the newer tbirds)

DriftingThunder said:
Prolly about 215-220 rwhp and 315-325 rwtq?

stock 210 HP 315 Tq. thats at the crank i assume

so u think all the mods i did just minused out the parasidic (sp) power loss from puttin the power to the rear wheels? hmmmmmm dissapointing. i want another opinion :D

ben04 said:
i'll list mods, u guys tell me how much to the crank/rear wheel im probably gettin. here we go...

1989 Tbird SC 5spd
-SCP 5% aluminum light weight SCpulley
-SCP underdrive pulley set 3 piece
-flowmaster cat back system w/ flowmaster resonator
-removed Cats
-mac CAI
-new style MAF (off of the newer tbirds)

15 for the pulley
10 for the underdrives
5 for the intake and exhaust mods.

Total HP gains 30 210+30=240 240x.85 (15% drivetrain loss)=204 rwhp

David

check my mods i made 248hp and 358 torque on the dyno last week thanks to dave, i would guess around 200 for you

rzimmerl said:
check my mods i made 248hp and 358 torque on the dyno last week thanks to dave, i would guess around 200 for you

Not bad for having no MP products on your car. Is the 248rwhp a loaded dyno figure?

yep the good ol chassis dyno. it make the hp at 4200 and tq at 2800, just got'er tuned on saturday. i will try to post the dyno graph tom if i can get my computer to work

Last edited:
rzimmerl said:
yep the good ol chassis dyno. it make the hp at 4200 and tq at 2800, just got'er tuned on saturday. i will try to post the dyno graph tom if i can get my computer to work

The DynoJet and the SuperFlow dynos are both chasis dynos. But my understanding is that the Superflow is loaded and the DynoJet is not. For example, I dynoed at 270 Superflow. They also gave me a DynoJet conversion figure of 285 so I could compare apples to apples when talking to others. So, if your figure is DynoJet (non loaded) then it maybe isnt so much a freakish car! :D

P.S. 'ben04' - sorry to hijack your thread!

A Dynojet is pretty much industry standard at this point. It is the most repeatable and consistent of any dyno. It does read differently than a Superflow or a Mustang dyno, but the accuracy of those dynos is directly proportional to the calibration done by the operator and the operating conditions of the machine. It is harder to cheat a Dynojet because there are no adjustments.

Each have their benefits and purpose, but a Dynojet will normally read anywhere from 5-10% higher than a loaded dyno. 95% of all the dyno numbers in listed on the SCCOA list are Dynojet numbers. The dragstrip is where the real story is told. :)

XR7 Dave said:
The dragstrip is where the real story is told. :)

Amen to that. This is where my 3.73 gears and Art Carr tranny come in handy. These weapons won't show as hp on the dyno, but will shine on the strip! :D

dont forget age and wear on the engine over time you start to loose some hp cuz of depsotis on the valves adn what not. just somethign to think about prolly wouldnt amount for then 4-5 hp but i imagine that crusty valves would cause a loss there.

Back