Stupid Luck - Good ol SC shuffle

pearl95sc

Well, started off last night, getting the car all ready to get the exhaust done. New belts, hoses, recharged the a/c, all was going good. Next morning, I go to get the 5 day pass so I can put off getting my vanity plates for a tad, i go to the local currency exchange, only to be told, nope, gotta go to the sec. of state/dmv, as they no longer do that. So I decide, hey, got about 3 xtra liscense plates, lets just transfer a set on, can always get my real plates later. So, I return with the plate, and vin for the 95, and knowing I was gunna be right back, this dumb bimbo neglects to tell me that I need the title, and the plate registration, yet somehow I didn't need either to do the same for my 88 civic. Well, ended up driving the car on expired temp tags.

That's the first shuffle.

I get the exhaust done, which sounds awesome and looks phenominal I might add. I get the car home and install my new double IC, which also looks phenominal, and works great. Well, I go to the local 7eleven to taunt my buddy that works there, he's got his newer mustang gt. After him , a few of other mutual friends, and his 2 brothers check out the car, I figure it's time to go, especially being I got an expired temp plate, and no insurance cards yet. I go to leave, have a hard time finding reverse, then end up with only reverse. Turn out where there should have been a steel dowel, good ol AAMCO decided to use a nice pink plastic p.o.s. dowel, which i somehow annihilated. So I've spend the last 3hrs removing the new exhaust, and tranny. It's 10 to 3am here in chicago, and I still got a few more hours to go.

Moral of the stories, never do things to the car in pairs. every 2 steps forward, you get knocked one backwards. I did the A/C and belts, couldn't get legit liscense plates. I get the exhaust done and install my double IC, and my tranny goes out. Gotta love these cars. Kinda scared, suppossed to be getting dynoed and tuned friday at the bash, Anyone wanna give me some Ideas on what'll happen next.

Back