Just pulled the motor........

CMac89

I just pulled the motor out of the ole SC because I thought the motor locked up. Only to just figure out that the clutch completely shredded apart and there was no fiber left on the disc at all so the clutch wasnt disengaging from the flywheel to let the motor try and start. I can spin the motor with one of my bare hands easily :rolleyes: .

Oh well, It has 157,000 miles on it so it's time for a rebuild anyway.

You can......

You can just freshen up the bottom end and change the cam bearings, rods and main bearings.

At least the car will run perfect now!!!

Don

just wonderin...

Are ARP rod bolts actually necessary/recommended or is the stock hardware alright?

CMac89:::::
You have to be a lil patient. :D People will help you with any questions that you have.. It just takes people a bit to come back to asnwer... I havne't gone through a rebuild so i couldn't say if the ARP is neccessary/recommended for a stock rebuild,

but i say since ur gonna rebuild her, why not go w/ a cam and ported polish heads, :rolleyes: and then i would say that the ARP would be a nice upgrade.. :D :D
Good Luck

I always figgure if you're going to take something out, upgrade. So if you have to put in new bolts, may as well go with ARP since they're pretty much the best.

Back