what is this

Dark Side

I have a 91 supercoupe, with a automatic trans, sometimes
when i get on the gas this light comes on can anyone tell me what this light is for ? Ive looked in all my manuals and cant seem to find what this is for please help!! there is nothing to indicate or have a discription on this light just an arrow.

Attachments

• HPIM0239.jpg
    HPIM0239.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Dark Side said:
I have a 91 supercoupe, with a automatic trans, sometimes
when i get on the gas this light comes on can anyone tell me what this light is for ? Ive looked in all my manuals and cant seem to find what this is for please help!! there is nothing to indicate or have a discription on this light just an arrow.

Its an upshift light that will light up at a certain RPM. Mine lights up when I plow through 4500RPM when the trainy is in 3rd (AOD transmission) and I think the idea is to prevent the torque converter to balloon for too long. Rumour has it if you keep it lit for a certain time, the computer will shut you down.

Frit

The picture is too small to see what you have circled, but I would assume you are seeing the upshift indicator light.

It should only come in 3rd gear at wide open throttle somewhere around 5000 rpms and should be accompanied by a chime. It's programed into the cars computer and it's telling you to lift off the throttle and upshift to avoid overheating the motor.

If ignored for more than 20 seconds it will begin cutting fuel and I think ignition timing too. You can get the upshift light deleted with a chip like the custom SCT ones that Dave Dalke sells.

David

shift indicator light

this is straight from the book i can't seem to get it clear enough to fit the screen . the software is copyright protected and won't let me just save it any other way.

Attachments

• shift indicator light.JPG
    shift indicator light.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
ftuneru r right

it will shut you downthe shift light i am talking about how i know this is the outher night i was rolling on the hight was and a 35o z came near me we hit it i drop it all the way dowbn at 6o we was neck and neck he was not evening pulling on my then all the sudden the car lost rpm big time. :eek: / :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: like she was shuting down.......then i look at the gages :confused: :confused: i seen boost go from 14 to o and back to the vac side and rpm drpoed all the way then i shifted out that was scary as a mother man i am telling you man ....so yes the shifr light willl shut you down .. if you over rev her .. i know this for a fact man ok ....

Back