Probably a repeat question....

Kyler

I don't wanna annoy anyone but this has me concerned. When my car is floored my guage says I reach a maximum of 9 lbs of boost, all the way to 4th gear is just doesn't want to climb. Now what bothers me is I've never been in a SC'd Cougar or T-Bird before mine so I can't tell if it's leaking or my guage is just off or what.

In the case that there is a leak, what steps do I take to try and seal?
I don't know what valves do what so please be clear. :(

Thanks, Kyler

Kyler said:
I don't wanna annoy anyone but this has me concerned. When my car is floored my guage says I reach a maximum of 9 lbs of boost, all the way to 4th gear is just doesn't want to climb. Now what bothers me is I've never been in a SC'd Cougar or T-Bird before mine so I can't tell if it's leaking or my guage is just off or what.

In the case that there is a leak, what steps do I take to try and seal?
I don't know what valves do what so please be clear. :(

Thanks, Kyler

not sure about the leak, but gauges can be off.. i have a 10% blower pulley which should boost at about mmm.. 15 psi and I hit 10 on my gauge.. just a warning.. as far as the leak, I don't have a clue

I too have a 10% pully and with all my mods it only goes to about 10 lbs of boost. I had the car dynoed and at that time it was measured at 13Lbs so I know the stock gauge in my car is not accurate. Someday I will throw into my list of things to do, a acccurate guage.

Ken

Boost leaks

There are areas that are prone to leak after years of even normal operation.
They are where the intercooler connects to the upper and lower tubes, the lower tube to retuen plenum, the upper tube to the blowert top, and the top to supercharger.
If any of these areas are leaking your boost could be limited.
I highly recommend Wynn's teflon IC gaskets from TexasThunderbirds.
Also use Permatex ultra copper for the connection between the blower top and the supercharger.
Other areas are the various hoses that connect to the return plenum and the bypass hose.
Make sure that all the these connections are tight.
There are posts that outline procedures for checking boost leaks.
And as stated before don't trust the stock gauge.
Good luck.
Bill

Back