About nitrous

MySCRocket1203

has anyone with a nitrous fogger kit pre-tb ever had a predetonation problem?if so what was the remedy?how bad was the predet?

MySCRocket1203 said:
has anyone with a nitrous fogger kit pre-tb ever had a predetonation problem?if so what was the remedy?how bad was the predet?

You prolly need to pull a degree or two of timing...

What size shot are you running?

Is your SC tuned???

What other mods do you have?

i dont have a kit yet but im looking at a 75-150 hp shot for 400$. im trying to figure out what ill need to do to make it work. also where is the most optimal placement of the nozzle i dont really care about easy of install i mean best possible place to squeeze thatnozzle in

You can pull the octane plug to reduce tming when you want to hit the N2O, search around and there is a pictuer of where it is located, and what it looks like.

If you're looking into a used system, test all the parts prior to installation!

Are you looking wet or dry?

As for the placement, there is some debate. some liek to put it after the ACT sensor, and some put it before.

Search aroudn and form your own opinion.

Good luck!

im looking for best bang for the buck kinda thing and what about putting it after the intercooler or somethign i was reading that it would lower manifold temps like 75 degrees. i dont know where exactly i would put it maybe drill and insert after the ic return tube on the plenum there. has anyone tried that sound likea good idea or do i ahve no clue about the basics of nitrous. hhahaa. the system im was looking at was a dry kit i know wet kits get more hp potential but our cars are very tempremental so im trying ot figure waht would be the best. my cars a 1990 auto if that helps :confused:

Use the search fucntion, it is your friend.

The locations I mentioned are both after the IC. That is the consensus is to install after IC.

The ACT is the sensor in the return plenum.

Some, like me, put the nozzle in the lower IC tube, others put it in the return plenum just before the intake manifold, but after the ACT.

This was a thread form a day or so ago... NOS doesn't recommend a dry kit on forced induction applications... But there are guys using a dry ZEX kit with god results....

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64418

Back