help me im pissed

pmsheko

ok i ave 1994 completly stock before i did any thing to it . i tour engine apart changed all gaskets and seals didnt mess with the timing at all.redid the head with 3angle valve job roller rocker magnum power this and that updated fuel system pumpp 255 and 42 # injectors .AND BIGGER MASS AIR OFF THE LIGHTING FORD car wont start it has spark and fuel my only guess could be that the computer aint reading the air fuel mixxer correctly because its all change do i need to get it tuned in order to start the damn thing hellllllppppppppppppppp mmmmmeeeeee mike ty

You will need a chip for the Lightning Maf and injectors. Until then, you could run the stock MAF and stock injectors.

thanx for the help if any one else have any sugestions im open ill look into a new chip how much they cost?

I'd say use the stock injectors and maf to see if the rest of the stuff works correctly and then use them whenever u get a chip.

Maurice,

You should be able to run your 42 lb. injectors with the stock computer if your MAF is programmed for the 42 lb injectors on a v6. If the problem is your MAF, it's because it's programmed for 42lb. injectors on a V8.

What does the car do? Does it sputter or pop or just nothing? I'm assuming that it turns over good. Do you have your 4,5& 6 cylinder plug wires in the right order? Does your fuel pump keep running or does it cycle on when you turn on the key and stay on for a few seconds and then go off (like it's supposed to)?

i know the fuel pump coms on all its doing is sounding like it wants to turn over , its cranking but not starting.im not really sure what it is tell u the truth i put the engine back to gether carefully been working on it for 6months i made sure all wires are in placethe only thing that has change is mp tbody 3.5 cold air intake mp , mp inlet plenum bigger intercooler bigger,rased top esm supercharger 10% pulley reducer ,42 pound injector 255 fuel pump, heads redone3 angle valve job roller rocker,changed alot of sensors ,got ride of egr.ectt... i need to get the long tube header i want badly

Slysc said:
Maurice,

You should be able to run your 42 lb. injectors with the stock computer if your MAF is programmed for the 42 lb injectors on a v6. If the problem is your MAF, it's because it's programmed for 42lb. injectors on a V8.
QUOTE]

No the MAF is not programmed you don't program a MAF the MAF has a transfer function built into it. You can either buy a C&L MAF that you can change the cal tube to get it close by fooling the EEC, but the Lightning MAF will never work on the stock computer. You must have either an Tuner to input the data for the transfer function for the Lightning MAF or have a chip burned that has the Transfer function in it. The easiest way is the C&L although by all accounts it's just close and probably isn't going to run like stock.

Jeff

got it started as and ran but dumping to much fuel so i see the problem is with the mass air need to be tuned thanx for your help every one . does ant one know of any one in michigan that can burn chips and or tune ty?

If I remember correctly, you are down river. There's Livernois Racing in Dearborn. They do dyno tuning and burn chips. There's a place in Waterford (Nelson's performance) and there's Walsh Motorsports in Wixom, and Paul's Performance in Jackson. Dyno Dave is somewhere down river but I don't know how to contact him.

Back