found the problem but....!!!!!

93thunderbird

ok you know how there is 4 bolts that hold the crank pulley on the balancer and there is a big bolt in the middle well..... my head of my big bolt (guess from driving snapped off) i reached in and felt around when i was doing my crank sensor and the whole balancer and pulley can wobble with my hand.. my question i have for everyone is this....

have i damaged my crank.... or do you think that i need a new bolt... also how do i get my bolt out so i can put a new one in? has this happend 2 any1 else yet???

Balancer

If you can get the old bolt out you can prob just replace it with a new Bolt from Ford I believe you use a mustang balancer bolt

You should also think about replacing the balancer while your at it

You also need a new balancer. It was most likely the balancer which caused the head of the bolt to break off. Get a BHJ balancer this time, the Ford one is junk.

David

They make a tool for taking out broken bolts like that, it's called an "easy out" or extractor kit. You drill a hole in the end of the bolt and the easy out turns into the bolt in the opposite direction, so when it gets tight, you will be turning it in the direction to loosen the bolt. They usually come in a kit with several different sizes.

www.sears.com has them listed under power extractors in the tools section.

Back