battery question

wayne heisler

Going to have battery checked tommorrow but I was curious. Put battery on charger until fully charged. Have one of those ball checkers all balls float. Have good headlights but when I hit key engine wont move. Can the battery still be bad. Everything goes dim inside car. :cool:
Here is more info replaced hb car turned over fine with accessory belts off. Once I installed belts would just grunt.

Last edited:
Starter

wayne heisler said:
........when I hit key engine wont move. Everything goes dim inside car.
Sounds like your starter is froze up. AutoZone will test your starter and/or battery, for FREE if you take it to them.

68COUGAR

Or your ingition switch may be bad or your solenoid could be bad or you could have dirty battery cables, or you could have a bad neutral switch, or you could have a bad brake lamp switch (if its a 90).. should I go on?

If you charged and tested the batt, then its not the problem. Go down the list, but start by simply cleaning the batt posts and clamps with steel wool. Then try jumpering the solenoid. If no joy, crawl underneath and check the small wire spade where it connects to the starter. Check that it is both clean and tight. :cool:

Back