pusher fan on 95sc

rzibilske77

should the pusher fan come on the same time as the normal fan?
mine doesn't come on then or when the ac is on.

IIRC, the pusher fan is simply a backup, and will only turn on if the engine coolant reaches some extreme temperature.

-Rod

Well i thought it would just come on at a certain temp, but i had read that some people have seen it come on when the AC is turned on. That has been my experience lately too. I have the pusher fan hooked up to the Trac Assist button on the info center and sometimes when i use the AC the "OFF" light goes off.....meaning the fan has been switched on.

The only time my pusher fan comes on is when I flip the manual switch that I have wired up to turn it on. The puller fan runs with the A/C, but the pusher fan doesn't. Reading the service manual, and the pusher, as mentioned, is basically an emergency back up in case the puller fan can't keep the engine cool by itself. A nice thing about the pusher fan if you can wire it up to come on manually, is it's offset enough that it blows air over the intercooler as well.

HSKR said:
The only time my pusher fan comes on is when I flip the manual switch that I have wired up to turn it on. The puller fan runs with the A/C, but the pusher fan doesn't. Reading the service manual, and the pusher, as mentioned, is basically an emergency back up in case the puller fan can't keep the engine cool by itself. A nice thing about the pusher fan if you can wire it up to come on manually, is it's offset enough that it blows air over the intercooler as well.

HSKR...we've both been quite familiar with this pusher fan issue. You dotn remember at all reading of the people who mentioned their pusher coming on with the AC? In my set up I still have the factory operation of the pusher fan and i can also turn it on with a switch. To turn it on manually i tap into the circuit designed to turn it on...i dont recall 100% now but i think its a ground...but unless i push it the thing works as it was intended by the factory...and it does come on, although only sometimes, with the AC. I know its not in the manual, i've also read the manual...but who knows. Im sure you've also seen that the manual IS NOT 100% accurate.

Mine has never come on with the A/C. And yes, it is a ground signal to turn it on manually. I have my switch tapped straight into the fan relay on the drivers side fender by the wiper cowl. I figured since it never seems to come on automatically, that I might as well hook a manual switch up to it and get some use out of it.

i remember this discussion from last year,i remember i centered my pusher fan up [i think it sat off to the drivers side] and wired a ground to the relay,and hooked it up to an old alarm toggle,i turn it on when it gets hot out,i doesnt seem to draw much juice either,i guess it helps cool a little bit,youd think it would almost have to...

I left mine off center. it cools good enough like that and with it off center it blows some air across the intercooler which helps as well. And yes I have a 8" fan on myintercooler as well. If the water temp starts to creep up, even with the pusher fan I can just turn the A/C on and it drops the temp pretty quickly when the puller kicks on. Don't even turn the pusher on half the time.

i dont know why i even moved mine over?i think it was cause i have the intercooler fan[like you have] and i was trying to get as much air over the rad surface as possible.....either way,having it switched has to help nomatter where its at

sup

your fan motor is toast get a new one. my comes on when the ac is turned on and above 45 it shuts off so if its not coming on at all your motor is bad

ok who is right here?
some say it comes on when the engine gets to hot and the puller fan can't keep up, some say when ac is on..etc?..whats the truth?

biggcountry5656 said:
your fan motor is toast get a new one. my comes on when the ac is turned on and above 45 it shuts off so if its not coming on at all your motor is bad

Hi everyone. I just wanted to mention something. I'm not trying to sell anyone anything. We have a kit the we sell pretty inexpensive with the how to. Which allows you to transplant the 2950 CFM fan right into your fan shroud. It can be made to work with our thermal kit which we also sell seperate pretty inexpensive. It would then be adjustable It's pretty neat you will not have fan issues any longer or cooling as well also the 8" fan is not 800CFM but 2100 CFM after new testing so this is quite a bit more than thought before. The commpany has made changes and after testing it . I will place a picture of it but will not disclose any other tech support on this. I have my reasons. It is a great feature and we have had much sucess with this Inovasion. It's awesome. Again it can be made to work with your stock shrourd and the work time to install is a hour or two. It's pretty straight forward. I'll post a picture. You all take care let us know, if you need any assistance with anything else. Thank you too rzibilske77 for the nice feedback. Y'all take it anyway you can ;) :cool: :)
Victor and Diane

Attachments

• DSC03790.jpg
    DSC03790.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC03854.jpg
    DSC03854.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 96
  • wiringkit#18705.jpg
    wiringkit#18705.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
rzibilske77 said:
ok who is right here?
some say it comes on when the engine gets to hot and the puller fan can't keep up, some say when ac is on..etc?..whats the truth?

The pusher fan on my 95 runs with the AC or if the engine temp goes up without the AC being on with the stock computor in the car, however with my SCT chip in it runs pretty much anytime the AC is on or once the engine gets to 180 without it being on. If the motor on your fan is bad you can get an exact replacement part (Seimens) from Autozone for around $60.

Last edited:
Mine runs only when I hit my manual switch. The motor is NOT toast otherwise it wouldn't run even with the manual switch. This is on my '94. The only fan that comes on with the A/C is the puller fan which does a very good job of keeping the motor cool by itself, even in the heat. But I do have a brand new radiator from radiator express in the car.

mine comes on with the key on engine test,but i have never seen it run until i hooked it up to a switch,never had any overheating trouble,so i dont even know if it would run if the motor got real hot,i was under the impression that is the only time it comes on[at a high eng temp?]hmmm...

biggcountry5656 said:

my mech told me today that my pusher fan is gone...and the low speed motor on my puller fan is gone (and, of course, that ford and local parts places no longer carry the puller fans).
Can you tell me where I can get new or used replacement fans (especially the puller fan)
thanks,
Steve
94 SC

Fan replacement motor

Go to Autozone, for the puller fan ask for the two speed fan and for the pusher ask foe=r the single speed. They are both made by Siemens, which is the same as the original that was used by Ford.

Keep them running cooler, Try our Kits, and other colling products.

link5817 said:
my mech told me today that my pusher fan is gone...and the low speed motor on my puller fan is gone (and, of course, that ford and local parts places no longer carry the puller fans).
Can you tell me where I can get new or used replacement fans (especially the puller fan)
thanks,
Steve
94 SC

Hi Guy's Gals and guests.
There is a Turbo 2950 CFM fan out there. It works better
than the stock set up especially in the summer or @ anytime
you're driving fairly aggressive or very aggressive. It
also works great even with the FMIC. The complete kit is
about $230.00 through our store. You can find a picture of
the whole kit up in a post before this one.

Thanks I hope this helps anyone that has heating or
> running hot issues..winter is getting close.
> Keep her Cool!
> Victor......
> www.spinninwheel-sc.com
>
>

Last edited:
Back