Dyno from yesterday

mcate

Got tired of chasing lean codes for the last 3 weeks & finding no vacuum leaks. Fuel pressure is good, & fuel trims look good. Everything on the scanner looks good. Decided to take the car to the dyno yesterday. Lo & behold, it actually IS running lean, between 15:1 & 16:1. I got my chip from SCP last year. I'm not sure what A/F ratio Bill has them set the chips up for, but it was before the mods I did this past winter, magnaporting the blower, adding a double IC, & porting my exhaust manifolds. Not sure of those mods would make the car run leaner, but it seems feasible. Anyway, time for a custom tune. In the meantime I just have to keep my foot out of it.

lean

now why would you spend all that money on parts and decide to get a mail order chip? are you asking to blow the car up. My stock 93 sc with bkbbittner performance s porting and free exhaust and 10 percent pullley had the same air fuel ratio. So i fired up my sct softwear burned a chip got it at 11.5 all through boost and the car runs awsome. Your car is not even running with that type of af ratio.

I wish.......

I wish SCP would stop selling chips that are not made for most vehicles. Nothing like trying to make your car faster and then BLOW IT UP!!!!!

Don

P.S. Three people have contacted me personally about this issue.

any one have any succes with that tuner from blue oval chips the pro racer package that lets you reburn your own chips essentially its like 800 bux but it seems like a good mod to start with cuz then you can tune the car for the rest of the mods you put on. i think i like the idea of the chip reburner the most cuz i can make my car optimal every day haha. anyone uses that let me know how it turned out for you

You can get a SCT tuner package for around $600 and its alot better for our cars. Dave Dalke aka "XR7Dave" can get these for you. I would contact him for Q's about tuning and tuning packages.

get it from XR7 Dave, he got mine to 12:1 mixture with out a dyno tune just knowing what i bolted on. then within 20 minutes on the dyno had it tuned perfect. A++++ Tuner, and for his prices you cant beat it

Back