What ELSE causes my car to miss??

93Poopcoupe

About 2 weeks ago my car started missing a little bit here and there and didn't seem like that big of a deal. It is a little worse now and has great hesitation at WOT. It has needed some maintanance, so I did belts, oils, filters and decided to change my spark plugs too. I changed them to motorcraft from autolites which I changed probably 2 years ago. All of the old plugs still looked good and the 2 years ago that I changed plugs I got new wires. What else is causing my car to miss? Is it the fuel injectors? DIS? And how can I check?

Thanks in advance, Ryan

93Poopcoupe said:
About 2 weeks ago my car started missing a little bit here and there and didn't seem like that big of a deal. It is a little worse now and has great hesitation at WOT. It has needed some maintanance, so I did belts, oils, filters and decided to change my spark plugs too. I changed them to motorcraft from autolites which I changed probably 2 years ago. All of the old plugs still looked good and the 2 years ago that I changed plugs I got new wires. What else is causing my car to miss? Is it the fuel injectors? DIS? And how can I check?

Thanks in advance, Ryan

It's probably the wires, what kind did you buy? Probably doesn't miss until car is hot huh?

I already tried that before I changed my spark plugs and got Gas at a different gas station. Plus Im not sure if that fuel injector cleaner does anything anyways....im skeptical.

Does it run fine at idol and then when you get into boost or WOT it runs like crap? If so...you have a bad/loose wire. Had this happen once. Also a bad TPS Sensor will cause some of the same problems too.

Check that out for starters and get back.

-Tim

no it idles like crap too.....its not real bad actually its just everyonce in awhile if Im sitting at a light for maybe 30 seconds it will kick a bit. It doesn't do it when im just cruising in town or when im flying down the interstate, just idle and WOT. Since I changed the plugs it seems to not be as bad but it is still there, and WOT is not as bad now either but I still think im missing some power.

I just changed my oil and had to put in 6 quarts rather than 5 and 4 days later I just realized I need about 3/4 more of a quart??? Unrelated??? I dont know, but my oil looked fine when I changed it. I will have to tinker around some more and see what I find.

Thanks guys

Aaron Pedroza said:
It's probably the wires, what kind did you buy? Probably doesn't miss until car is hot huh?

Ya it doens't seem to do it as much cold as when it is hot. The wires are Exact 8mm and were changed about 2 years ago with plugs.

Last edited:
Back