OK, good and bad news

Aaron Pedroza

Ok, brakes are all fixed now, FINALLY!!!!!!! That's of course the good news. Now for the bad news. My bird is still overheating and it is blowing oil out the dipstick right now. Some things I was thinking; I replaced PCV's with cheapy's, have you ever had a problem with pressurizing the crankcase because of the pcv's? Also, ever had head gaskets pressurize the crankcase? I think that may be the problem for the overheating. I have copper gaskets on it and it has sit for a long time without really driving it so I am thinking I may just have to retorque and that would solve overheating. Let me know if you have anything that may help with either the overheating or oil. I did just replace the thermostat and water pump to try to solve the overheating prob so I know those aren't it.

Your car has bad news written all over it. I dont care if your headgaskets are made of kryptonite, if thier torqued with the proper bolts/studs they should hold. You sure that boost isint getting into the crankcase by the pcv valve or breather?

Tickler said:
Your car has bad news written all over it. I dont care if your headgaskets are made of kryptonite, if thier torqued with the proper bolts/studs they should hold. You sure that boost isint getting into the crankcase by the pcv valve or breather?

Well, I have been told copper gaskets need to be retorqued and these never have been since I built engine 10-15k miles ago. I was thinking it may be PCV's for oil, it isn't as bad as when I broke ring land at track, oil was all over then.

Ok,an update. I found out my head gaskets were definately in need of some attention. One of the head studs was probably only at like 20 lbs. Others needed to be retorqued. We'll see how she runs after retorquing them. Need to find exhaust manifold gaskets or I would be trying to get it together now. Task for tomorrow.

Back