Where can I get a new motor?

umasstom

Does anyone know of a good place to buy a reman. SC engine? Of course I want a low price, but I also dont want to replace it again in 20K.

Thanks!!

Morana does a engine trade...im not sure if he still does it..
I talked to him a few months ago and you send him your motor and then he sends you a motor, im not sure but i think he may only do this with a stock motor switching to a stroked motor

Todd

how do i get in touch with him?? if the price is right another stroker in my driveway is nooooo problem :)

oucccccccccch.. thanks anyway!! well i guess this returns to my original question.. does anyone know of a place where i can get a remanufactured engine for my sc?

i dont think that is too much...you are getting a stroked V6 ported blower, ported heads, roller rockers, choice of cam, double roller timing chain, windage tray, stud girdle, big intk and exh valves, big springs cleavite 77 bearings
For the money this is a deal.....well i think it is

Todd

I thought Brian Herron got a completely rebuilt motor through Five Star Ford last year for around $1600. That was a complete long block as I recall. Not sure how many more of those are floating around though.

I just saw one on E-Bay that is all new except pistons, I'm pretty sure. i know it said new heads. I just glanced at it. the bid was 800$ which i didn't think was to bad. i paid 600$ for my 27,000 mi. motor from one of the guys on the site. just throwing you another option.. Bill

Engine

You might want to check with Kurt, GONE14S, he had one left a couple of weeks ago. Check the Northern CAlifornia Chapter of SCCOA.

yep, heard my name :)

Dan N at five star ford can get you setup with a new engine. I purchased one from him, there are two options. One is a bare long block, the other is a complete long block. The complete one has a new water pump, timing chain cover, and a few other oddballs. Cost was like $1836 for the complete, the bare longblock was in the $1500 range. There is a $1000 core charge, so plan on sending your old one back. Shipping only cost me about $85 to get the motor from them. They come with a 2yr/24K mile warranty.

By far that was the best replacment option when I was looking. Most reman engine companies wanted over $2K for the long block.

How much did the shipping cost for some of you guys? There was a long block for 275.00. It had 75K on it in Minnes. I live in VA. Any ideas?

Five Star Ford is located in Arizona. I had a complete engine shipped to me from Pennsylvania about a year ago for around $74. It will be much cheaper for you if you can get it shipped through the company that you work for if they already do business with a freight company. Otherwise it would have cost me around $200 to do it by myself.

Back