PDA

View Full Version : D.I.S. (Ignition Module) Heat Sink And Relocation Kit!

SuperCoupeSC91
06-26-2005, 09:09 AM
D.I.S. (IGNITION MODULE) HEAT SINK AND RELOCATION KIT!
REDUCE THE TEMPERATURE OF YOUR D.I.S.

Hello! I'm Alex LaChance and I met Victor from SpinningWheels-SC a few years ago. We talked extensively about this heat sink and relocation kit. I started working on the design and I would send them to Victor and he would give me his input and opinion. We discussed in length, the functionality, the aesthetics and the overall need for this product. I then modified the design as we worked on it together. This is currently for the 89-93 setup, we have not worked yet with the 94-95 setup will do so upon request.

We took temperature readings both in summer and in winter to get the closest readings depending on the ambient temperature. The temperature
readings dropped over 100 degrees after installing the relocation kit. The temperature on the left, top part of the engine can get over 300 degrees
Fahrenheit! Don't let your D.I.S module overheat and possibly die out. You do not have to stay with the stock design....That is how new products come
to market to keep these gems on the road.

We have worked on this project for a long time and we now feel it is the appropriate time to put it on the market. The question....? What will work
the best and at the same time, look the best? Although we are 98% finished, this is a work in progress and I am currently upgrading this kit for
introduction to the market place.

Below are some pictures of what we have designed so far. We are currently working on the customizing of the plate and are thinking about what should be etched on it.

We are posting this now so we can see how many of you would be interested in this product. Let us know how your feel and your opinion on this product. We appreciate your feedback.

Note to all-- A percentage of the profit of this item will be donated to "Give the Kids a Wish" foundation.

XxSlowpokexX
06-26-2005, 09:50 AM
I was thinking why not make a heat sink much liek that found on a Pentium CPU. The more surface area the better. Also the addition of some small cooling fans may help/ Just a thought

mlbuxbaum
06-26-2005, 09:52 AM
Looks cool so far. Where on the inner fender does it get relocated to? Are you going to be making extension harness's for the relocation kit?

SuperCoupeSC91
06-26-2005, 10:14 AM
DamonSlowpokeBaumann, we did look into that, but with the hole alignments on the DIS module and also the aesthetics of it we decided not to do it.

mlbuxbaum, Thanks for asking, it will be a stock harness extended, customer provided, we have a 1 or 2 laying around, and also this kit is designed with an aftermarket intake system to allow room for this against the fender wall inside the engine bay.

Payton
06-26-2005, 01:40 PM
:rolleyes: How much will you be selling it for?

Jeff Bratton
06-26-2005, 10:50 PM
depending on price, it may be something for me.

Keep all of us posted on the finally result and if possible, a few pic's of it installed would help as well.

Thanks Alex & Victor for the hard/long hours you guys have put into this.

Jeff B.

SuperCoupeSC91
06-26-2005, 10:55 PM
"Payton"
Like stated above, we are not totally complete with this yet, but we are about 98% done and we are not yet able to set a $ amount on it, we are trying to feel for the market first. We might even have to set it up like a GP with a minimum to even start it up, will continue with updates sometime shortly. Just please post within this post to show us your interests.
Thanks

;) **Look forward to some other unique future products, others have been in the works** ;)

victor malvar
06-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Hi Payton, I finally got your things. Hi guys, Alex and I have been working on this for awhile. making sure this e would would and make a big diffrence or at least a moderate diffrence we looked into making it successful for all of us. We could put a few out tomorrow, but once the people noticed the improvements on performance etc. We would be scrambling to make these as fast as possible. We want to be able to have enough made, figure our cost, put out all our findings which are great. I tried it on my SC and I was pretty amazed at the diffrences in performance and tenprature diffrences. We have both been busy but have not stopped working with this project which we have put so much time into. Alex is the technical Designer and I'm the tester and marketing part of this. Alex and I have a couple more Irons in the fire, but one thing at a time. We also will have a how to on this and other new projets some are ready to go now some are already in the store, and another is coming out this week. But this Heat sink has been our Baby and we hope to have them out to all you guys soon. Thanks for you guys encouragement. ;) We are exited about this one
Victor and Alex and Of course Diane

Payton
06-28-2005, 12:13 AM
Hi Payton, I finally got your things.

Good to heat that!))) Looking forward to hear from you soon about that invention and all details such as price and availability! ;) :eek:

SuperCoupeSC91
06-28-2005, 03:47 AM
This is the first model i did, this is the location so you guys can get a clearer idea...

007_SuperCoupe
06-28-2005, 09:04 AM
This is the first model i did, this is the location so you guys can get a clearer idea...

That's a great idea...if you have an intake like that. What's in store for those of us who have a different intake and it won't fit in that location?

I have to be honest, the first thing that I noticed about this was the size. It's pretty big. No doubt that it helps, being that big. But where will it go on a stock SC? I'm talking stock intake, stock hood, etc. There's not much room for something that size that has to be located fairly close to the stock location because of the wiring.

I just want to see where it will go on a completely stock SC.

mlbuxbaum
06-28-2005, 09:35 AM
I installed the radiator I bought from you yesterday. Fit perfect, like I knew it would. Solved my running too hot for comfort issue.Thanks. In reading posts on this DIS relocation/heatsink piece, You mention performance gains, is that correct? I thought this was going to be a strictly move it for longevity thing. As soon as you get more info on the gains please let us all know, like I had to tell you that, you guys always pass on helpful information. Keep up the good work. If you need a guinea pig to try stuff out, I'm game. I have a stock motor with only a 9" K&N filter added. I'm not looking for freebies, just wanna help out.

Lee

victor malvar
06-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Hi I'm Glad about your satisfaction on the Radiator C@@L. I have one as well and have no complaints. As far as the word Performance, VS longevity. I was really referring to the overall running seemed to run better with the DIS cooler. peformance gains although if it does help with the performance of the overall running of the car. This is a plus. I notice that our cars run much better in winter than summer in Florida. Is it just because of the colder air to the I/C or is it a combination of varios components....Alway trying to find a plus in things that will improve our cars longevity, performance, handling etc. Thank's for the complement, As he mentioned this is a work in progress. We speak very often or at least when we both have new ideas with this as well as a couple more ideas! We have been working on.
Thanxs!
Victor and Alex
or
Alex and Victor

SuperCoupeSC91
06-28-2005, 03:01 PM
1. Another location for stock cars i imagine is no problem, i assumed if you have a stock car you wouldnt want to modify to put this into it, but should be on all cars stock or not, maybe within the inner fender, a longer harness is no problem at all.
2. Performance gains, i dont think it will, but i can say, think of it as a car amplifier for a audio system in a vehicle, after it gets hot from working it hard and you keep working it, the power is less and can damage the amp, so if you look at it that way, some have thermal protection, unfortunelty we dont on our D.I.S's or they would probably shut off on hot days. If you keep the D.I.S cooler it will run way closer to full potential compared to stock location that gets VERY hot! so you can kinda say it will gain back performance you are loosing due to a hot module on warmer days or just on regular days that you run your car hard.

Thanks for the questions/comments i will be more than gladly to answer them the to the best of my ability.

mlbuxbaum
06-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Thats awesome guys. Guess I'll work on moving mine as well. Anything to make this car run better is a good thing....... :D

007_SuperCoupe
06-28-2005, 08:34 PM
1. Another location for stock cars i imagine is no problem, i assumed if you have a stock car you wouldnt want to modify to put this into it, but should be on all cars stock or not, maybe within the inner fender, a longer harness is no problem at all.

I never said that it was stock...but apart from the cone filter, march box, TB and 2x IC is appears very stock. I don't mind keeping it that way either. My point is that the location you have installed yours at will not work for the masses. Part of marketing this piece is to get the widest possible distribution. That's why I stopped on my design for a while. It wouldn't work with a stock hood. My point is not to shoot your idea down, so don't mis-understand me. I'm simply pointing out that there are many who would want this, but possibly few who would benefit.

I strongly suggest that you find a stock car, or one with very close to stock intake (meaning the airbox, and black intake tube) and find a place for it on that car.

Because quite honestly...

1. Another location for stock cars i imagine is no problem
...imagining that there won't be a problem with a location just won't cut it when you sell one to your first stock looking car and they can't install it.

Just something to think about in order to get this project so that it will benefit the maximum potential customers.

SuperCoupeSC91
06-28-2005, 09:29 PM
"007_SuperCoupe"

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us, they should be addressed tomorrow with pictures + a solution, and we will change it to one standard new spot, farther away from the engine, and actually will benifit even more than before, with even less heat in the area and it also makes it more hidden, so it looks more stock.

**Thinking we might have to drill a hole in the innerside of the engine bay around the air box to provide the harness to the D.I.S mounted in the inner fender wall** I'll know for sure tomorrow.

I will check out my moms stock SC 90 tomorrow to see if there is another possible way to route the harness, and Victor is going to work on placing it where I just mentioned in the previous post tomorrow and take pics of it.

SuperCoupeSC91
06-28-2005, 09:33 PM
update, we wont go that route now i think of it with a hole in the car and a grommet, because the D.I.S clips are to big,. :) throw that out :) i'll check it out tomorrow, i think i have another idea..

SuperCoupeSC91
06-28-2005, 09:41 PM
I just went outside with a flashlight, the DIS module + Heatsink will fit on the exact opposite side of where i showed it, but in the inner fender, i can take a picture tomorrow of the location, my blue sc is gutted so i can see it perfectly, and the harness can be routed through the front of the air box through the front of the radiator support and down the the hole in the back of the blinker hole, theres plently of room..

nanatothesixth
06-28-2005, 10:32 PM
i would definatley be interested in this! thanks!

007_SuperCoupe
06-28-2005, 11:37 PM
Thanks for keeping us posted...I just want to see a product that will benefit the vast majority of SC owners.

I look forward to the pictures and keep up the good work.

This is a great example of why I enjoy this club so much... Throw out an idea, receive constructive critisism, and instead of taking it the wrong way, address the concerns and work out a solution.

Here's a little more thought for you as well. I know why you have chosen a large design, maximizing the surface area the least expensive way. But have you considered more fins to increase the surface area, while making the heat sink smaller? What you're really doing, is maximizing the surface area, by making it big, with few fins. More fins, can reduce the required size with the same efficiency. Just a thought.

I know that you've put a lot of thought into this, and I like the overall design. I know that with too many minds together, you never get anything done, but if you want any ideas for possible improvements, email me (smalone@neb.rr.com) and I'll throw some thoughts into it as well.

Here's an unfinished autocad drawing of the one I was designing about a year ago. It's a 3D view, and I never filled in the solid portions. I was planning on getting this machined out of piece of Al, so the price would be a bit higher...although if I can get the CAD drawing down, then the overhead would fall significantly. Could something similar to this fall into the final product? If so, let me know and I'll see if I can drum up a proto-type.

SuperCoupeSC91
06-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Pics will be up A.S.A.P sorry for the delay guys, we didnt forget about it.

victor malvar
06-30-2005, 11:37 PM
Hi Kind of late tonight but, I mounted the DIS up front of the Filter air box, changed my intercooler, took pictures. Took the car for a test drive and I was flying. Then I heard some bad noise...I tore up the rotor bearings on my Blower. The car ran faster than I have ever run it. I guess the Double intercooler helped a lot. I dont know if the DIS helped any but the temp was close to 100 degrees cooler than on the bracket. It was real hot out and I felt like I was going to keel over a Friend of mine was here but left early today, or I could have gotten it all done but he left early because the weather was getting bad...I just got home from the Hospital. I was dehydrated. I'll get the pictures up tomorrow. It was about 90 Degrees in Florida. So this says something about the relocation of the heat sink and the air cooling the prototype. Alex is right the DIs was at 230 + degrees 236 to 238 degrees. as soon as I pulled in, and I ran the car hard!!! the temp was close to 100 degrees cooler than on the stock braket mounting. Using a Infro-red temp pistol. If it were on the Stock braket the point where the DIS and the bracket meet would have been 330 to 350 degrees F. Even the size that it is did not look bad. The Harness I used could have been longer and will work like Alex states. I'm leaving mine in just making the Hasness longer they can all be the same lenth.!
Talk with you tomorrow Alex. You guys take it easy.
Victor......

David Neibert
07-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Victor & Alex,

Once you guys get ready to start selling these, let me know. I'm planning to mount mine on the wall of the MP Cool air divider (filter side). It may require a grounding strap but other than that your design should work fine as is.

David

victor malvar
07-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Hi Alex, David and averyone else, That gave me a good Idea Mounting it on the divider. I have a divider in mine and a Mag Power Intake as well. I'll talk to Alex later tonight. David Thanks for that imput! Good thinking...I'm going to try it out again today and see what I come up with. I have to say the car was screaming...I was amazed at my speed compared to before. Again I'm cannot state that all this had to do with the DIS because I also added the Intercooler. But at 5,300 rpm I still had plenty left in her.I was plesantly surprized this is using the Magnaport 11, When I speak with Alex tonight we will have some more Informaton for everyone. Alex is a real good tech! I I'm going to run her later tonight when it's a little cooler outside about 7:00 PM it should be 10 degrees cooler and not as much humidity... I'm also taking about 100 #'s of weight Subs ect. out of the trunk. Later everyone....
Alex call me when you get home. I'm feeling better. Got to run and get a better camera! This one is getting Old.
Victor.....

J57ltr
07-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Why don't you use a real heatsink instead of a few pieces of aluminum?

Jeff

victor malvar
07-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Hi Jeff, We have what was available at the time this model was our start up device we, Alex and I thought this would work fine and does, to prove our ultimate idea/Theory and get numbers. We did not need the heat sink material at that time to prove to ourselves that this was do-able. The materials they were just available at that particular time and we were working quick Since we both had Jobs to take care of as well. So time was a luxury to us. We confirmed our numbers and kept taking it a bit further as we progressed. We have the option of using heat sink if it's what we all feel is the best and the most cost effective and not overun the projects marketability. We have options open to us but we dicided to go public with our DIS heat sink project, and look how far we have come! Anything is possible. We do have a supply of heat sink we just have to be able to get it all done right so we can start marketing it ASAP. This is in our notes. Thanks for your input...Chris a friend of mine he came up with some good ideas, which made us start thinking. So we do have other options to us.He wrote some interesting things in another post...We are about to have severe weather here I want to get some pictures in two areas...Got to beat the rain and Lightining. :eek:
Thanks Jeff!
Victor and Alex

J57ltr
07-01-2005, 05:27 PM
You know this has been done before, right?

Jeff

SuperCoupeSC91
07-02-2005, 06:43 PM
here is the new location, so everyone wins, stock cars and modified, 1 product, Victor will be taking pics of the D.I.S + heatsink in this spot sometime shortly, I believe it will fit, and all we have to do is extend the harness, but Victor will confirm it.

SuperCoupeSC91
07-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Here are some generic pics of how the wiring would go (i used wire loom), i used a bigger than needed wiring loom and bright blue just for easy viewing, and i didn't zip tie it all neat. But just so you can see, so this way stock and modified cars can run the harness both this way.

** Ignore my old D.I.S module in the pic below with the heatsink, my car has been sitting over a year now and i'm going to be putting in one of the New D.I.S heatsink + harness soon.

victor malvar
07-02-2005, 09:23 PM
O.K. Jeff, You say it's been done before, I'm sure it has and there are a few people that have tried. I have never seen one for sale yet. We have been working on this for a year and a half ...Testing this, testing that, testing different locations.Thomas Jefferson did 10,000 experiments before he got the light bulb to work right....10,000 experiments! What do we have now??? We have a light bulb that has been improved thousands of times by many companies.Some bulbs now are meant to last for a year or longer.Determination and not quitting. We have done a lot less,but enough to satisfy me! If it gets my approval, I think it will satisfy others. If I did not think this would work, I would not be writing this post. So what did Alex and I do all this for? It would be a lot of work wasted. We are going to go with it soon and determine what it will cost.I tried David Neiberts idea, and it fit great... We want to have one that will work on as many cars as possible. There are more stock SC's than there are modified. So we will try to work with both the stock relocation, and maybe a kit for the modified installer. This takes courage and continuity, determination, or it's work and time wasted. I'm satisfied with the performance and the numbers. We're doing it. Now would you be interested in one if it were to be a very successful and priced resonably? If nothing else,we tried. Be looking for it at your favorite Auto Zone or at Spinningwheels-sc. Thanks for your imput everyone! I will show more pictures and other tests will be finalized real soooon! Y'all take good care and all imput is always welcome. ;)
Victor and Alex...........
Wish us luck!

S_Mazza
07-07-2005, 01:26 PM
What do you think of keeping the ignition module in the same location, but using a phenolic spacer (1/8" or so) to insulate it from the bracket? Wouldn't that keep temperatures much lower without the need for time-consuming relocation?

With a spacer like that, my guess is that a heatsink would even be counterproductive because most of the heat absorbed by the module would be through the air. (So we would want as little surface area as possible, right?)

J57ltr
07-07-2005, 01:58 PM
The reason for the DIS being mounted on the AC bracket is to remove excessive heat from it. The bracket is attached to the engine so it's temp is about the same as the engine. Mounting it on an insulator is a mistake because it will never give up it's heat. As far as the merits of this kit, it should be directed to the Technical board.

Jeff

007_SuperCoupe
07-07-2005, 03:13 PM
What do you think of keeping the ignition module in the same location, but using a phenolic spacer (1/8" or so) to insulate it from the bracket? Wouldn't that keep temperatures much lower without the need for time-consuming relocation?

With a spacer like that, my guess is that a heatsink would even be counterproductive because most of the heat absorbed by the module would be through the air. (So we would want as little surface area as possible, right?)

To expand on what Jeff stated...
Not only is the DIS subject to the transferred heat from the acc'y bracket (from the engine), but it also produces its own heat. By removing it from the acc'y bracket, you virtually eliminate heat transfer except some rather minor radiant heat. But you are also able to then dissapate the heat generated from the DIS itself.

SuperCoupeSC91
07-07-2005, 03:52 PM
For best results/performance for our stock D.I.S modules is to move it away from the original stock location + away from any high temps + and you need a heat sink to distribute the D.I.S modules own heat that it gives off, if you re-read this post from the begining to end, you will see we are now going to re-locate the D.I.S module + heat sink in the inner fender wall, just awaiting pics from Victor.

If you have any further comments & suggestions Please e-mail all of them to both us at the following below.

Alex - SuperCoupeSC91@hotmail.com
&
Victor - Spinningwheels-sc@earthlink.net.

I do not want this post to grow huge and get ugly :) I'll try to answer them back as soon as i can. Thanks..

**Coming Soon** we will have pictures soon of our DIS module + Heat sink in the newest location minus the harness.

We are currently testing the size with the location, then i will make the harness and post it all after with pictures.

fast Ed
07-07-2005, 05:05 PM
This is currently for the 89-93 setup, we have not worked yet with the 94-95 setup will do so upon request.

Alex, you do realize that they're already on the right side fender apron on the 94 - 95 SC ?? Or were you thinking about moving it to the outer side to get it away from the heat? I don't think DIS failure is much of a problem on 94 - 95 cars. Mine gets run in open-track events, on and off full throttle for 15 to 20 minutes at a time, and I've never had a problem with the original DIS.

cheers
Ed N.

SuperCoupeSC91
07-07-2005, 06:12 PM
The 94-95 D.I.S modules + setup have less of a problem, but are still not designed that good for heat distribution, I seen the 94-95 stock setup my first time about a week ago and i was still shocked the way it was setup. The module more away from heat and better heat disipation & distibution is the ideal goal and in gains it will perform better and last longer, its like a mini car amplifier, the cooler you can keep it the better it will perform and the longer it will last. and its obvious ford did realize to relocate the 94-95 D.I.S module assuming it was due to heat. So it just backs up what i mentioned about the 89-93 stock location. but also the 94-95 setup still can be improved.

As I mentioned above in my previous post, Please e-mail me all quiestions & comments at SuperCoupeSC91@hotmail.com Thanks

victor malvar
07-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Alex, you do realize that they're already on the right side fender apron on the 94 - 95 SC ?? Or were you thinking about moving it to the outer side to get it away from the heat? I don't think DIS failure is much of a problem on 94 - 95 cars. Mine gets run in open-track events, on and off full throttle for 15 to 20 minutes at a time, and I've never had a problem with the original DIS.

cheers
Ed N.

Hi Ed and everyone else, I think this is the whole point Ed...I was writing a post earlier but our phone and computer service has been intermitent the mayor tel. phone box took a bolt of lightning. So We who live around here have been stop and go with phones and computers. I'm lucky to live close to the box so my service is restored.... I have noticed just watching this post the vast amout of knowlege that you guys have. It amazes me... It's not just mechanics, you people know about so much!! You are all a wealth of information and know alot! It's been 98 degrees in the shade :eek: Here in central Florida. My health is not what it used to be so installing this DIS during the day under the fender is a little job for most! For me It can cause a lot of changes! I want to place in In a stock SC and use a new one so it looks nice and have new look. But I sweat buckets per minute. I guess Alex does not want this post to get any Larger or get ugly. I think that a post can get to long also. I learn so much from these topics and theories I learn from everyone. I'm sorry Alex whant's to have it sent to him which is Fine!!! He is the tech and I do the maketing and probably the financing. I hope we can get this to market soon. I will get picture in the next few days or as soon as I get a minute. We are preparing for a Hurricane that is getting huge anf the Florida Keys already have a Mandaory evacuation this may threaten us and the Florida coast real soon It's very important to be prepared with plenty of time... generators,water,canned food,etc. Since I live In In Miami and in Ocala most of the time I have to be prepared in both areas. My health has been a little shaky but I'm still O.K to do my work and Race specially when its a lot cooler outside.........
I believe ...you are all a great bunch of guys and If you need my assistance you know where you can reach me. I have to keep spinningwheels-sc Spinning, that takes Mucho work.With and emails inventory shipping and trying to finish my car in time... Keep up the good work. I will be speaking with Alex on a daily basis and also keep my eyes on this post that just may not go away. I will send pictures in a few days. Ya'All take care...You are a bunch of great enthusiast and good friends. I'll talk to you guys soon. This DIS relocation will be on market as soon as we have it ready to go or ASAP. Maybe we may even have a {How to} But with the wealth of knowledge here... I do not think you will need one! Everyone can use that knoledge and do it wth your eyes closed as long as the harness is long enough! Some may want to place it where it suits your set up. Alex and i think, were we have it located, will be the best place and uniformed for everyone!!!
Keep on Trucking!
Cheers!
Victor........

David Neibert
07-11-2005, 05:44 PM
I would like to see people's comments (good or bad) on this proposed new product, posted here instead of being sent directly to Alex.

David

mlbuxbaum
07-11-2005, 08:56 PM
I am waiting for this kit to hit the market. I do have one question though....since the "heat sink" portion of the DIS is located on the bottom of the module, wouldn't it make sense to mount the new relocation kit with the DIS module upside down?

victor malvar
07-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Hello David, Alex, Guys, I'll Be taking some pictures tonight. I agree we need to get this out and get it going while summer is still around. We get rain almost everyday In Florida this time of the year. But I'm going out to get some pictures in a few minutes. I need to see where Alex want's it exactly placed. I be back in a little while lets see what I can do. I have not heard from Alex yet. I'm doing my best to get this finished and get to Maket ASAP.
I'll try Alex again<><><><>

Will try later, It's pouring down gallons of rain will try a little later today.

The rain Has stopped we will try to get some pic's soon.

Alex I need to speak with you. I have some ideas you should know about.....

Victor...........

pro street rich
07-13-2005, 01:40 AM
About four years ago I posted the dis mounted on four 1" spacers with a peice of alumium under it. This was something that could be done it your back yard... A few people looked at it, some even built them, but then dis's got to be on everyone's parts rack. With that the whole deal went by the wayside.....Maybe this will meet the same death............Rich

victor malvar
07-13-2005, 10:31 AM
About four years ago I posted the dis mounted on four 1" spacers with a peice of alumium under it. This was something that could be done it your back yard... A few people looked at it, some even built them, but then dis's got to be on everyone's parts rack. With that the whole deal went by the wayside.....Maybe this will meet the same death............Rich

I Remember that post. I was just joining SCCoA I have all the Charging Thunder Magazines 20. I remember it well. I sure hope this will not happen. I wont let it happen. I have some Pictures from today. I can't show them all but you will see why. I could not get a hold of Alex... I do not want to show things without his Knowledge about it. I also learned some new things today which he will probably get mad about! I realized somethings,today.He is the guy I started this with and it's up to him to know before we do anything without his knowledge. It was raining like hell but I did not want anyone to think I have not done my part in this Inovasion. I tried to place it under the fender weld.I also have picturers in another place, for than a stock SC or XR7 Anyway, thank you Rich....
Victor and a friend and Diane
My friend already has his own DIS. Relocated Gave me good Info.This will help Alex and I? try to make this sucsessful. :cool:
Alex might get mad at me but the book is much smaller than the DIS!
We have them working but
just need to tweak a couple of minor things add more things. I'm keeping that under wraps for now! Note: the DIS is the same size as the Conical 9" filter.
Pop!
Victor......

SuperCoupeSC91
07-13-2005, 09:11 PM
i guess go ahead and post away... ohwell.. I'm getting very frustrated with this whole thing.

"Victor" the yellow book was just a picture to show you exactly where i thought it might fit (instead of me verbally explaning, so there wouldnt be any questions where or doubts) (thats what i did for you to make it as easy as possbile to see where i wanted to try to test fit it) This is what we needed to know to move forward as i mentioned previously, so now you just found out it doesnt fit, thats ok, I will have to get my moms t-bird i guess and take the wheel off (suprised you guys crunched into there with the tire on ? also in the rain ? you didnt have to do that..) I will try to look at my moms car she has a stock SC with a silencer, this is what i or you (but i know your very very busy with things) need to find a place for it, i hope there is room within the inner fender somewhere, (I believe its the better location now, its hidden and will work good for stock/modded, if we find a spot) but without looking at it myself with all the parts there i dont know (my blue SC is gutted, so i have less things). I will try to look within a couple days. also Victor, you mention in a previous post that you needed to call me to find out exactly where i wanted you to try out the DIS heatsink new location, the pic is right below in a few lower posts, i dont understand ?

Sorry for the delay guys, i was in the middle of getting a loan/getting a bike, making room for storage, then getting tires (a long project, having someone take my wheels off, then go buy tires and have them mounted + balanced after i got out of work before 5 that day) and also then today running around, had to get an insurance card, go to the DMV, then getting it registered in my name, i'm usually not busy and have all the time to do this, thats why I mentioned to Victor to send me back the DIS heatsink for me to find a spot? its up to you ? If now Victor has time I can try to find new locations and e-mail them to you to test fit it and take pics for us ?

i guess you can e-mail me back or post on here, i didnt want every single thing mentioned on here (keep some things secret), and every question answered so that some others can just copy this. But to late kinda now..

** if you look back at the post i changed it to E-mail Me + Victor, i was going to forward every e-mail to Victor to keep him in the loop, so to all those out there, i was not trying to be selfish on this when i mentioned to e-mail me.

victor malvar
07-13-2005, 11:58 PM
Hello Alex, I'm sorry you are getting frustrated, Don't give up now!I have to show what I see or not take pictures.I do not want anyone to expect one thing and get another.I wanted to show what it would take. Not to embarrass you in anyway what so ever!!!.I wanted to show all what it takes to put one in that area. it's a little tight and bolting it up was not easy.Your car was gutted look to the right rear the WHITE car... I could have used that one but it's gutted and not a realistic situation.Yes It was raining but not pouring.I had no place to mount this properly under the fenderwell this is not as easy as it may look the jack was not an option the ground was soaked but ewe tried. Alex I have not given anything away. I wanted to show you as you asked me.I wanted to acommodate your wishes, and we tried our best. I promised pictures and this is what We all felt it was harder than maybe some other place than the book,was not as thick as the Dis it makes a diffrence it protruded to much.We were trying to do it realistictly as possible. Look at the size in comparison to the fender area. It could be made to fit better ;) I will go with you to the moon if need be, but we have to do our best to make this a success. I think people like to see we can be flexible and Improve it a little more.It would not take much!!!This DIS will fit I'm sure but it's not as easy as it may seem. If people are going to buy it and continue to do so, I think we can do a little bit better.The more we can do to it the better and people will appreciate it it's quality and workmanship, with this project and other thing's in the future.I want this to work as much as you do..I will send you the DIS back for further evaluation.The temps are all correct so lets get it right the first time.There will be a much greater demand. I think you need to re-access this for yourself. I have to be Totally strait! I will give you my opinions privately on what I think, we could do to improve it just a little. I'm just trying to help you and myself, and the consumer. No Hard feelings about taking me off then adding me on this project, we have been working almost two years. I think you will appreciate what I mean soon. I would call you but I know it's late and we lost one pnone line due to bad weather today and my cell pnone drowned in the rain. It's history. Maybe the Microwave will dry it for good :rolleyes: :p :) Your tire is on as well.....
talk to you tomorrow My good buddy. Take it easy everything will work out right.....!
As Usual All our Best to you!
Victor .....

J57ltr
07-14-2005, 12:18 AM
Man, you guys are making this overly complicated.

Jeff

victor malvar
07-14-2005, 01:27 AM
Hi Jeff It seems that way. Just trying to get it right the first time.It will uncomplicate itself. You will see. I just need to talk with Alex and this will be off and running soon. We are 96 % there. I have not been able to talk with Alex. We saw something that can be adjusted to make it work and fit great.. Just a adjustment. You will be be impressed good things can get a little complicated it appears, This is all contructive in the big scheme of things. You will see.

Take care Jeff....

J57ltr
07-14-2005, 09:23 AM
Just sandwich a 3/8" plate of aluminum between the DIS and fender, use heatsink compound of course.

Jeff

SuperCoupeSC91
07-14-2005, 12:20 PM
I have looked at MANY MANY mutliple style heat sinks, probably a lot more than i can remember right now to throw a figure, and none of them would work, the fins are aligned in a certain way in each row, and with the DIS module with the odd holes and not exact, i could not find one that will work, yes you can use any heatsink and mill down the fins and put holes in it. but now how much are we talking now for labor?? thats why i went the route i did, yeah we can get made a custom one with holes pre-done for who knows 75$ a piece at buying maybe 40 of them? this is not the cost effient way to go.

Victor i'll try to call you tonight, i'm getting a couple things for my room and my friends going to be helping me assemble them.

Alex L

J57ltr
07-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Well what about the link I sent you for heatsink material? It has no holes in it and measures over 12Ē wide and 36Ē long. All you need is a simple bandsaw you can run the fins anyway you like. Drill and tap holes as you desire. Itís aluminum so itís EASY to work with. Doesnít take much time, and would look much more professional.

You donít need that much of a heatsink anyway thatís why I suggested a piece of aluminum plate and bolt it to the inner fender. It would probably fit between the stock airbox and inner fender.

Jeff

SuperCoupeSC91
07-14-2005, 02:54 PM
sorry let me correct what i wrote above (i was rushed, i came home on my break and had 5 mins),

**I ment to say there are a few different heatsinks that will work**

but to be able to bolt the heatsink to the DIS module, when you drill the 4 holes at least 1 of the 4 holes will be in the way of 1 of the fins on the heatsink, therefor we would need a heatsink with offset fins, or like i previously mentioned mill down one of the fins in the spot where you need to put in a hole for a bolt, with a bridgeport, but also as i mentioned it would be very costly to do it that way.

**because the DIS module has offset holes**

David Neibert
07-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Alex & Victor,

When do you guys expect to have the initial design completed and ready to sell ? Do you have a ball park price ?

If you don't want to post it here, then please PM the answers to me.

David

victor malvar
07-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Hi Alex,
I'm home and the phones are working...Call Me ASAP. I have some Information for you. I think you will understand. Pretty sure!

Regards everyone on this short post.

All The Best,

Victor.....
352-732-5013

J57ltr
07-14-2005, 07:02 PM
sorry let me correct what i wrote above (i was rushed, i came home on my break and had 5 mins),

**I ment to say there are a few different heatsinks that will work**

but to be able to bolt the heatsink to the DIS module, when you drill the 4 holes at least 1 of the 4 holes will be in the way of 1 of the fins on the heatsink, therefor we would need a heatsink with offset fins, or like i previously mentioned mill down one of the fins in the spot where you need to put in a hole for a bolt, with a bridgeport, but also as i mentioned it would be very costly to do it that way.

**because the DIS module has offset holes**

Understood, I have drilled many holes for mounting SCR drives, Solid state relays, Thermoelectric modules and many many other devices. Just use an end mill and a drill press. You don't need a mill to do this I did all this before I got a mill. Drill the pilot hole then change for the end mill.

Jeff

victor malvar
07-21-2005, 07:17 AM
Hello everyone,

Alex and I spoke a few days ago and decided to do some adjustments to the DIS relocation project. We by no means are abondoning this. Alex is looking at some materials and we plan to make a few small changes to this prototype.
this will make it more suitable applications for all SC's etc. We have been both pretty busy, but we will be back soon with the DIS and when we come back, it will be to announce pricing and where to purchase one for you car.
We learned a lot by putting this out for open discussion. Many of your ideas did make a diffrence in making some the changes to our present model. We know that it works we know it mkes a diffrence in the performance of our SC's Thank you to everyone for your cooperation and enthusiasm.

We will be back soon with the Informtion. We know your waiting for.....

Thanks!
Be back soon!
Alex and Victor

JOE91SC
08-18-2005, 11:37 PM
just checking on the progress..... :)

JOE91SC
08-22-2005, 07:11 PM
O.k....... I guess there's no progress. :( :confused: :(

victor malvar
08-22-2005, 08:00 PM
O.k....... I guess there's no progress. :( :confused: :(

Hello Joe,
Yes there is progress, I have not spoken to Alex. I need to get a hold of him. But there has been someone working on this for us. I spoke to someone today about it infact. I have been working alone taking care of other matters and will talk with Alex soon. As soon as he aproves the newest chsanges. we will be back with this project. Thanks for the Interest. Sometimes other things take priority and we have take one thing at a time. We will be back with you soon. Have faith. I do. ;)
Take care talk soon...
Regards,
Victor and Alex.

JOE91SC
08-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Hello Joe,
Yes there is progress, I have not spoken to Alex. I need to get a hold of him. But there has been someone working on this for us. I spoke to someone today about it infact. I have been working alone taking care of other matters and will talk with Alex soon. As soon as he aproves the newest chsanges. we will be back with this project. Thanks for the Interest. Sometimes other things take priority and we have take one thing at a time. We will be back with you soon. Have faith. I do. ;)
Take care talk soon...
Regards,
Victor and Alex.

Thanks for the insight...... I'll check back later. :)