Took the SC to Mt St Helens - Pics

BobGPz

These are shrunk down to 50-75% of the original pictures to fit on here..
Well mother nature screwed me with the clouds over the mountain cause these would have made some great pictures worthy of framing. The mountain did peak through for a brief time when we are the Johnston Ridge Observatory (About 1 or 2 miles from the lava dome on the North face). The rest of these were taken with St Helens about 3 miles away on the North West side. I'd say mother nature owes me one, don't you? :D

Attachments

• SC at Loowit Observatory.jpg
    SC at Loowit Observatory.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 144
  • SC at other Observatory 2.jpg
    SC at other Observatory 2.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 126
  • SC at other Observatory.jpg
    SC at other Observatory.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 148
  • SC at other Observatory 3.jpg
    SC at other Observatory 3.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 128
  • Johnson Ridge Observatory 1.jpg
    Johnson Ridge Observatory 1.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Nice pics Bob. But I'm a little disappointed. Everytime you post pics of Mt. St. Helens, I'm hoping you have pics of your ex skiing down it through hot lava. Maybe if you give Manny a pic of her, he could photo shop it. That would be cool. :D Nice pics of the SC though.

very nice. That's how I feel when I go up to the Sandia mountains here in NM. You're always gonna be in the clouds at that elevation! Someday I'll get some nice photos!

awsome pics but i gotta say man if those clouds werent there definatly a picture to frame, looks good though man :)

This would make someone nervous...There was an eruption (just a steam emission) while we were at Johnston Ridge Observatory which is about 2 miles from the dome itself. See picture (It is the weird shape upward cloud coming out of the other clouds)

BTW the lava dome is growing at a rate of 60 dump trucks per minute, and they estimate the big crater/hole and the peak to be rebuilt to the original size/height in 10 years at the current rate of the dome growing. :eek: Thats impressive.

Mike, sorry no Mt St Helens ex-wife ski lift tickets at this time. You have to wait for spring time as that is when I re-open the lift when there is no snow anywhere. Otherwise the ex's ski on soft fluffy snow instead of sharp jagged rocks :D :p

Attachments

• steam emission.jpg
    steam emission.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 31
Bob nice pics of your SC. Yeah those pics would make some excellent pics to be framed but some words of advice; the pics would look 10x better without licence plates on the car. Thats just my oppinion for you for future pics. I think you should try again on another day and hopefully you will be lucky and there will be no clouds in the way. Other than that, try not to get weeds in the pics that hide parts of the front of the car. Great pics otherwise.

Shane

quick35th said:
Bob nice pics of your SC. Yeah those pics would make some excellent pics to be framed but some words of advice; the pics would look 10x better without licence plates on the car. Thats just my oppinion for you for future pics. I think you should try again on another day and hopefully you will be lucky and there will be no clouds in the way. Other than that, try not to get weeds in the pics that hide parts of the front of the car. Great pics otherwise.

Shane

Everybodys a critic. :rolleyes: :D

I'll take the weed killer and a lawnmower and do the ground maintenance before snapping a few next time. LOL! :D I have some others, but the dang weeds are too tall there.
I see your point of the license plate though, assuming you didn't like my photoshopped mt st helens on there. :p :D

I would like to try to get that same shot of the back of my car during a sunrise with no clouds. I think the pink/red light hitting Helens with car in foreground would be a great pic. Thanks to all for the advice on this camera everyone suggested a few months ago. It is very user friendly and am very pleased with it.

Last edited:
Back